Spotify Mini Player: Control your Spotify library at your fingertips

Yes that's right. It is not updated automatically, you have to re-invoke the workflow again, but you can also press a key (space for example) to see the progression, because it will re-trigger processing and sends an updated XML.

All the code is available on Github if you want to have a look

So do you reinvoke the workflow from code, and save the progress to a file, or do you just let the user do it if they want (press space for example) ?

So do you reinvoke the workflow from code, and save the progress to a file, or do you just let the user do it if they want (press space for example) ?

No I let user do it. 

I tested it by re-invoking again, but that's too much intrusive, alfred window will appear and takes focus every time..which is quite annoying

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for the great workflow!

Everything works great except for local files within playlists, a lot of my music is not available within spotify and so within my playlists I mix in local files. While using the mini player to select a song from a playlist it works flawlessly with songs from spotify's library but when i enter a local file it just stays on the same song that was previously playing.

If it helps here are two debug outputs:

Spotify content:

5:10:18 PM: 
New command received: <playtrackwithplaylistcontext,spotify,track,2Lv7vYpPx68ttqspWdMnvw,spotify,user,ramsrdebest,playlist,4jdl735ZcdcYafaUdR5DC3> 
==================

Local content:

5:10:38 PM: 
New command received: <playtrackwithplaylistcontext,spotify,local,Storm Queen,Look Right Through - Single,Look Right Through (MK Remix),148,spotify,user,ramsrdebest,playlist,4jdl735ZcdcYafaUdR5DC3> 
==================

Thank You.

(Also I am using version 0.9.8.296.g91f68827 with the black redesign , I'm not sure if that affected the script)
Edited by ramsrdebest

Thanks for the great workflow!

Everything works great except for local files within playlists, a lot of my music is not available within spotify and so within my playlists I mix in local files. While using the mini player to select a song from a playlist it works flawlessly with songs from spotify's library but when i enter a local file it just stays on the same song that was previously playing.

If it helps here are two debug outputs:

Spotify content:

5:10:18 PM: 
New command received: <playtrackwithplaylistcontext,spotify,track,2Lv7vYpPx68ttqspWdMnvw,spotify,user,ramsrdebest,playlist,4jdl735ZcdcYafaUdR5DC3> 
==================

Local content:

5:10:38 PM: 
New command received: <playtrackwithplaylistcontext,spotify,local,Storm Queen,Look Right Through - Single,Look Right Through (MK Remix),148,spotify,user,ramsrdebest,playlist,4jdl735ZcdcYafaUdR5DC3> 
==================

Thank You.

(Also I am using version 0.9.8.296.g91f68827 with the black redesign , I'm not sure if that affected the script)

Hi, I will have a look whenever possible, in the mean time, can you open an issue here https://github.com/vdesabou/alfred-spotify-mini-player/issues/new

Thanks!

• 1 month later...

FYI the download link is not working.

It seems I need a premium account to get the Spotify keys, is that right?

Must be a Packal issue, because i'm using the download link from there http://www.packal.org/workflow/spotify-mini-player and it has 404 error. I've just updated it, maybe it needs some time to get updated on the backend..

Unless this has changed, premium account is not mandatory (but I have premium account, so cannot really test). Have you tried?

Must be a Packal issue, because i'm using the download link from there http://www.packal.org/workflow/spotify-mini-player and it has 404 error. I've just updated it, maybe it needs some time to get updated on the backend..

Unless this has changed, premium account is not mandatory (but I have premium account, so cannot really test). Have you tried?

Yes. I got a Premium requirement message.

Anyway, I started using Spotify this week and your workflow seems to be great.

Yeah, so I investigated this. I created a test account with no premium subscription. Registering a developer account was just one click, after that you land here :

FedU7uEjed.png

But you don't have to click the get application keys (this is needed only when you use libspotify which is for iOS/OSX dev), but for Spotify Apps needed for my workflow, it is not needed.

I then checked that I have access to my application in spotify with my test account:

gDeSJ2JZdc.png

So everything shall be fine with no premium account. Did you have a chance to use the workflow yet?

Yeah, so I investigated this. I created a test account with no premium subscription. Registering a developer account was just one click, after that you land here :

But you don't have to click the get application keys (this is needed only when you use libspotify which is for iOS/OSX dev), but for Spotify Apps needed for my workflow, it is not needed.

I then checked that I have access to my application in spotify with my test account:

So everything shall be fine with no premium account. Did you have a chance to use the workflow yet?

I really thought keys were needed due the Spotify.com message above… Sorry.

It is working!

First minute feedback:

[issue] - using fn key to add a track to Alfred Playlist is also pausing Spotify: [update] I got a message saying the track was added but it seems it is not. It seems it is only pausing Spotify.

[request] - I need keyword to add a track to Alfred Playlist e.g.:

• keyword sp  (Spotify Current Playing)
  • It would show cover (instead of pause button) and the current playing song you already show in the main keyword
  • but the main action (return key) would be add to Alfred Playlist
  • option actions with modifiers could be useful (lyrics and album/artist related actions you already have somehow)

Do you think you can make such keyword? I really like to be focused on current playing song so I can “bookmark” a track as fast as possible.

If you don’t think it is something you’d like to see in your workflow could you please help me implemented it in my copy?

Thank you in advance.

PS: great, great workflow!

Edited by Carlos-Sz

I really thought keys were needed due the Spotify.com message above… Sorry.

It is working!

First minute feedback:

[issue] - using fn key to add a track to Alfred Playlist is also pausing Spotify: [update] I got a message saying the track was added but it seems it is not. It seems it is only pausing Spotify.

I can't reproduce on my side. Is the Alfred Playlist set? I see a problem if this is a local track, it is not added, I'll fix that, but I can't reproduce the pausing of Spotify.

Can you open an issue here https://github.com/vdesabou/alfred-spotify-mini-player/issues to discuss this further?

[request] - I need keyword to add a track to Alfred Playlist e.g.:

• keyword sp  (Spotify Current Playing)
  • It would show cover (instead of pause button) and the current playing song you already show in the main keyword
  • but the main action (return key) would be add to Alfred Playlist
  • option actions with modifiers could be useful (lyrics and album/artist related actions you already have somehow)
Do you think you can make such keyword? I really like to be focused on current playing song so I can “bookmark” a track as fast as possible.

Yes, definitely doable. Can you open this request here ?https://github.com/vdesabou/alfred-spotify-mini-player/issues

I'll add that whenever possible

PS: great, great workflow!

Thanks!

4.3:

• New command "spot_mini_add_to_alfred_playlist": Add current track to Alfred Playlist

F7232shxub.png

• Modifer action are now working on the now playing track (result which has the play/pause option)

luQTVXZhip.png

• New action notifications now display artworks(Mavericks only)

o9XJJiRq0G.png

• Various improvements

Enjoy!!

is there somewhere i can download 4.2?

EDIT:

found it here, but app in spotify has disappeared 

https://github.com/vdesabou/alfred-spotify-mini-player/tree/87fb622d6f6f786facdcf9b6bf415e2b5c0b92a2

EDIT 2:

restarted spotify and it found spot_mini after installing 4.2.3. all is good.

Yes I don't know why but it seems Spotify needs to be restarted now when workflow is updated.

Sorry for the trouble, I'll mention it for next updates

I hope everything else is ok

is there somewhere i can download 4.2?

EDIT:

found it here, but app in spotify has disappeared 

https://github.com/vdesabou/alfred-spotify-mini-player/tree/87fb622d6f6f786facdcf9b6bf415e2b5c0b92a2

EDIT 2:

restarted spotify and it found spot_mini after installing 4.2.3. all is good.

I think i found the issue with 4.3, please test updated version 4.3.1 here https://github.com/packal/repository/raw/master/com.vdesabou.spotify.mini.player/spotifyminiplayer.alfredworkflow

I think i found the issue with 4.3, please test updated version 4.3.1 here https://github.com/p....alfredworkflow

the install for 4.3.1 was good here, but when trying to set the Alfred playlist for the first time (I haven't used it previously) i received this error.

aBT5RDJ.png

EDIT: I should mention that I haven't noticed a functional consequence of said error. Everything seems to be good.

Edited by DrLulz

the install for 4.3.1 was good here, but when trying to set the Alfred playlist for the first time (I haven't used it previously) i received this error.

aBT5RDJ.png

EDIT: I should mention that I haven't noticed a functional consequence of said error. Everything seems to be good.

Ok my bad, again a release issue, can you try 4.3.2 https://github.com/packal/repository/raw/master/com.vdesabou.spotify.mini.player/spotifyminiplayer.alfredworkflow

Ok my bad, again a release issue, can you try 4.3.2 https://github.com/p....alfredworkflow

that did it.

question,

usage: after punching in the keyword (or hotkey) with and then entering a playlist name followed by selection of playlist. I'm presented with "spot_mini Playlist⇾spotify:user:drlulz:playlist:66kkwCLUdjJtvs2pC9mlNq⇾" at which point I can search further for a track. As I search for a song it is not filtered to the top (it is always at ⌘5). The first 4 items are, the playlist I'm currently searching, open in spottily, update playlist, and a information icon telling me to select a track below to play it.

​is there something i can set on my end to make the song filter to the top, so i can just press enter to select?

Edited by DrLulz