How to leverage Fuzzy Search when browsing bookmarks?

dave8

Hello :)

I'm looking for a way to use fuzzy search when looking for my chrome bookmarks (or to put it simple, I want an improved bookmark search).

e.g. 
- my keyword I am using with the built-in bookmark feature is "bb"
- one of my bookmarks is named "Changelog"
- when I type "bb log" Alfred does not find the "Changelog" bookmark, but that's what I'd like it to do

I already searched for workflows and tried some, but none of them worked. Unfortunately, I also do not know, how to build one myself.

Does anyone have an idea, how to improve the bookmark search?

Thank you in advance!

Kind regards,
Dave

It's nice that the plugin exists.  But it's not the answer in this case

Alfred is amazing.  But it is lacking in the ability to search for substrings.  There are many instances where searching for substrings would be very helpful.  Not the least of which is the example above:  Searching for word fragments in a bookmark title.  

It would be a really neat addition to Alfred to support substring search.  

Brian.

On 11/4/2022 at 6:08 AM, blgentry said:

It's nice that the plugin exists.  But it's not the answer in this case

Alfred is amazing.  But it is lacking in the ability to search for substrings.  There are many instances where searching for substrings would be very helpful.  Not the least of which is the example above:  Searching for word fragments in a bookmark title.  

It would be a really neat addition to Alfred to support substring search.  

Brian.

Agreed substring search as standard feature would be great

Interesting that this fuzzy python script exists.  But it doesn't solve what I'm after:  substring searches *everywhere* in Alfred.  If this fuzzy search was an option for matching all results (like bookmarks for example), then it would really be awesome.

As it is, I'm sure it's pretty neat, but you have to build your own workflow, with your own particular aims, in order to make use of it.  Useful, but not what I'm currently wishing I had.

Thanks,

Brian.