ChatFred: OpenAI's GPT-model workflow

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am able to get CF and CFT prompts to work but when I try the CFI prompt for DALL-E 2 nothing seems to happen.  I seen in the workflow that it is trying to execute a script called:  image_generation.py but when I search on my machine I don't find that script so something must not have installed correctly.  Any suggestions?

• 3 weeks later...

Dear Alfred Community,

I am writing to share an important update about the ChatFred project.

As the project has grown and evolved, it has been a privilege to work with all of you. Your contributions and feedback have been invaluable, and together, we've built something truly special. However, due to an increasingly demanding schedule, I am no longer able to dedicate the necessary time to maintain ChatFred with the justice it deserves.

The advent of numerous advancements from OpenAI has opened up exciting new possibilities for ChatFred, marking a perfect moment for fresh energy and leadership to take the helm. Therefore, I am in search of someone with the passion and expertise to carry forward this legacy.

If you have a strong interest in the project and believe you have what it takes to lead it into its next chapter, please reach out. Your role would involve steering development, managing the community, and integrating the latest AI technologies to keep ChatFred at the forefront.

I am optimistic about the future of ChatFred under new stewardship and look forward to seeing it continue to thrive. Please direct inquiries and expressions of interest to the contact information listed below.

Thank you for your understanding and continuous support.

Best regards,

Chris

BTW: This text was written by ChatFred 😉

• 1 month later...
On 11/7/2023 at 6:07 PM, chrislemke said:

Dear Alfred Community,

I am writing to share an important update about the ChatFred project.

As the project has grown and evolved, it has been a privilege to work with all of you. Your contributions and feedback have been invaluable, and together, we've built something truly special. However, due to an increasingly demanding schedule, I am no longer able to dedicate the necessary time to maintain ChatFred with the justice it deserves.

The advent of numerous advancements from OpenAI has opened up exciting new possibilities for ChatFred, marking a perfect moment for fresh energy and leadership to take the helm. Therefore, I am in search of someone with the passion and expertise to carry forward this legacy.

If you have a strong interest in the project and believe you have what it takes to lead it into its next chapter, please reach out. Your role would involve steering development, managing the community, and integrating the latest AI technologies to keep ChatFred at the forefront.

I am optimistic about the future of ChatFred under new stewardship and look forward to seeing it continue to thrive. Please direct inquiries and expressions of interest to the contact information listed below.

Thank you for your understanding and continuous support.

Best regards,

Chris

BTW: This text was written by ChatFred 😉

Has somebody else taken up further development of ChatFred?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I have given the api key and installed openai in python for a seperate task. But when i try to use alfred i get no response. Enabling logging gave me this error. Please let me know how to resolve this

Processing complete
[14:10:45.320] ChatFred[Run Script] Passing output 'what is the largest tower in the world' to Conditional
[14:10:45.322] ChatFred[Conditional] Processing complete
[14:10:45.324] ChatFred[Conditional] Passing output 'what is the largest tower in the world' to Conditional
[14:10:45.325] ChatFred[Conditional] Processing complete
[14:10:45.326] ChatFred[Conditional] Passing output 'what is the largest tower in the world' to Conditional
[14:10:45.327] ChatFred[Conditional] Processing complete
[14:10:45.328] ChatFred[Conditional] Passing output 'what is the largest tower in the world' to Run Script
[14:10:45.329] ChatFred[Conditional] Passing output 'what is the largest tower in the world' to Run Script
[14:10:45.344] ChatFred[Run Script] Processing complete
[14:10:45.345] ChatFred[Run Script] Passing output '1' to Conditional
[14:10:45.345] ChatFred[Conditional] Processing complete
[14:10:45.346] ChatFred[Conditional] Passing output '1' to Large Type
[14:10:45.663] ERROR: ChatFred[Run Script] Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/Users/mac/Library/Application Support/Alfred/Alfred.alfredpreferences/workflows/user.workflow.E4A15383-EFF1-4A75-9AA2-80E9FF27DEF1/src/text_chat.py", line 14, in <module>
    from error_handler import (
  File "/Users/mac/Library/Application Support/Alfred/Alfred.alfredpreferences/workflows/user.workflow.E4A15383-EFF1-4A75-9AA2-80E9FF27DEF1/src/error_handler.py", line 50, in <module>
    def exception_response(error: openai.error) -> str:
                                  ^^^^^^^^^^^^
AttributeError: module 'openai' has no attribute 'error'
[14:10:45.679] ChatFred[Run Script] Processing complete
[14:10:45.680] ChatFred[Run Script] Passing output '' to Automation Task
[14:10:45.680] ChatFred[Automation Task] Running task 'Identify Front App' with no arguments
[14:10:45.681] ChatFred[Run Script] Passing output '' to Arg and Vars
[14:10:45.681] ChatFred[Arg and Vars] Processing complete
[14:10:45.682] ChatFred[Arg and Vars] Passing output '' to Conditional
[14:10:45.682] ChatFred[Conditional] Processing complete
[14:10:45.683] ChatFred[Conditional] Passing output '' to Copy to Clipboard
[14:10:45.683] ChatFred[Run Script] Passing output '' to Debug
[14:10:45.683] ChatFred[Debug] VARIABLES:{
  always_copy_to_clipboard = "1"
  always_speak = "0"
  api_key = "sk-proj-QUd2JMZJCintuNxp8anwT3BlbkFJAL3WsgG6u3ducovHuOJK"
  cf_aliases = "joke=tell me a joke;"
  chat_gpt_model = "gpt-3.5-turbo"
  chat_max_tokens = ""
  completion_max_tokens = ""
  custom_api_url = ""
  frequency_penalty = "0.0"
  history_length = "3"
  history_type = "search"
  image_size = "512"
  instruct_gpt_model = "text-davinci-003"
  jailbreak_prompt = ""
  loading_indicator_text = "💭 Stay tuned... ChatGPT is thinking"
  paste_response = "0"
  presence_penalty = "0.0"
  save_to_file = "0"
  save_to_file_dir = "/Users/mac"
  show_loading_indicator = "1"
  show_notifications = "1"
  stream_reply = "0"
  system_prompt = "You are a helpful assistant."
  temperature = "0"
  top_p = "1"
  transformation_prompt = "Write the text so that each letter is replaced by its successor in the alphabet."
  user_prompt = "what is the largest tower in the world"
}
RESPONSE:''
[14:10:45.684] ChatFred[Run Script] Passing output '' to Conditional
[14:10:45.684] ChatFred[Conditional] Processing complete
[14:10:45.685] ChatFred[Conditional] Passing output '' to Conditional
[14:10:45.685] ChatFred[Conditional] Processing complete
[14:10:45.685] ChatFred[Conditional] Passing output '' to Large Type
[14:10:45.686] ChatFred[Run Script] Passing output '' to Conditional
[14:10:46.149] ChatFred[Automation Task] Processing complete
[14:10:46.157] ChatFred[Automation Task] Passing output 'Alfred Preferences' to Arg and Vars

Welcome @Tejush,

6 hours ago, Tejush said:

installed openai in python for a seperate task.

That shouldn’t make a difference, as the workflow bundles its own version. If you modified something about it, you should remove it and install it again.

Do note this particular workflow has been deprecated by the author.

There is an official workflow which, amongst other things, returns the response as it’s returned from the API.

• 3 weeks later...

ChatFred refuses to be deleted.

I'm using latest Aflred 5.5 with Powerpack.

I selected ChatFred in Preferences/Workflows and clicked on the minus sign. Restarted Alfred, ChatFred is still there.

I tried quitting Alfred and deleting the workflow folder (/Users/../Library/Mobile Documents/com~apple~CloudDocs/Alfred/Alfred.alfredpreferences/workflows/user.workflow.2B0A40EC-71DD-45B9-9CFA-86EB17E10497). OS didn't allow me to delete.

I can only disable the workflow.

I would be grateful for any help uninstalling it, now that we have https://alfred.app/workflows/alfredapp/openai/ by Alfred Team.