dfay

Case Converter (including Title Case)

Hey, great workflow.

One question. Is the expected behaviour to place a linefeed at the end of the converted text. After a bit of experimenting, there seems to be cases where the conversion adds a line feed.

Nice script.

My problem with it is, it requires too much focus to use. I can't invoke a particular keyword or hotkey because the order of the items (Upper Case, Lower Case, Title Case etc.) depends on what was the last used.

Is there any way to order them statically? Or even better, to invoke a different keyword for each, which reduces 3 steps (keyword + Cmd+number + paste) to 2 (keyword + paste).

To always have the actions in the same order, you need to edit the workflow so it doesn't give the actions UIDs.

The UID is how Alfred identifies actions and remembers what you selected in the past. Without UIDs, results are always shown in the same order they're emitted. 

On 12/27/2016 at 2:39 PM, deanishe said:

To always have the actions in the same order, you need to edit the workflow so it doesn't give the actions UIDs.

The UID is how Alfred identifies actions and remembers what you selected in the past. Without UIDs, results are always shown in the same order they're emitted. 

Hi tried to look around in the workflow and couldn't see any obvious place to change this. Any tips?

In the xml.scpt and xml-paste.scpt files. The simplest thing to do is probably to edit the xmlItem() function so it doesn't add uid to the output.

1 hour ago, deanishe said:

In the xml.scpt and xml-paste.scpt files. The simplest thing to do is probably to edit the xmlItem() function so it doesn't add uid to the output.

I deleted instances / mention of uid in those two files, but now the workflow doesn't really work. Nothing pops up when i choose "case" or "casep". Oh well...

Glad that is working for you.  To be honest, I don't think I've used the keyword version in several years.  You can also delete the two osascript lines in each of the bash scripts and just paste manually (that's actually how I use it).  Or try a shorter delay.

4 hours ago, Fnantier said:

I deleted instances / mention of uid in those two files, but now the workflow doesn't really work. Nothing pops up when i choose "case" or "casep". Oh well...

You're not supposed to delete all the mentions. Just the bit that generates the feedback for Alfred

uid.png

I have a slight problem with the hotkey version. After using e.g. "Title case" hotkey, it doesn't just alter the letter cases, but also adds a line break. Any way to avoid / fix this?

On 1/11/2017 at 7:26 PM, dfay said:

Here's a completely rewritten version (in Python) which combines the two workflows into one:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/6601556/Alfred/Case Converter 2.alfredworkflow

It uses Alfred's built in Copy to Clipboard with automatic pasting to frontmost app instead of pbcopy in Bash and AppleScript pasting, which seems to give better results.  

Works wonderfully! Much appreciated. You should update your first post with this if you haven't :-)

Edited by Fnantier

I saw your nice service. But how do I install it? :-)

I am a newbie to macOS automator, macOS 10.12, i rename the file to workflow and double click, but it says the file is damaged. I guess i do it wrong somehow?