vitor

MarkdownTransform — Convert Markdown to other formats

Update.

Fix list displaying by eliminating surrounding whitespace.

To update, download the latest version (same URL) or wait a few days and it’ll prompt you to on next usage, since it uses OneUpdater.

I'm getting this with the latest version:

[2018-02-26 22:14:57][ERROR: action.script] /System/Library/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/2.3/usr/lib/ruby/2.3.0/rubygems/core_ext/kernel_require.rb:55:in `require': dlopen(/Users/****/Library/Application Support/Alfred 3/Alfred.alfredpreferences/workflows/user.workflow.A1917321-BE3A-4788-9739-881D004B077D/_licensed/Redcarpet/gems/redcarpet-3.4.0/lib/redcarpet.bundle, 0x0009): required dylib '/System/Library/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/2.0/usr/lib/libruby.2.0.0.dylib' not found, needed by '/Users/****/Library/Application Support/Alfred 3/Alfred.alfredpreferences/workflows/user.workflow.A1917321-BE3A-4788-9739-881D004B077D/_licensed/Redcarpet/gems/redcarpet-3.4.0/lib/redcarpet.bundle'.  Did try: file not found '/System/Library/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/2.0/usr/lib/libruby.2.0.0.dylib', file not found '/usr/lib/libruby.2.0.0.dylib', file not found '/usr/local/lib/libruby.2.0.0.dylib' - /Users/****/Library/Application Support/Alfred 3/Alfred.alfredpreferences/workflows/user.workflow.A1917321-BE3A-4788-9739-881D004B077D/_licensed/Redcarpet/gems/redcarpet-3.4.0/lib/redcarpet.bundle (LoadError)
	from /System/Library/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/2.3/usr/lib/ruby/2.3.0/rubygems/core_ext/kernel_require.rb:55:in `require'
	from /Users/****/Library/Application Support/Alfred 3/Alfred.alfredpreferences/workflows/user.workflow.A1917321-BE3A-4788-9739-881D004B077D/_licensed/Redcarpet/gems/redcarpet-3.4.0/lib/redcarpet.rb:1:in `<top (required)>'
	from /System/Library/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/2.3/usr/lib/ruby/2.3.0/rubygems/core_ext/kernel_require.rb:55:in `require'
	from ./html:4:in `<main>'

Tried to upgrade Homebrew Ruby with no success.

On 03/01/2018 at 4:42 PM, vitor said:

Just as a note, I think the commands need to be modified with a / after ${HOME} to work properly:

mv "${HOME}/Desktop/Dropbox/Alfred3_Sync_Folder/Alfred.alfredpreferences/workflows/user.workflow.1A72E7E5-AF98-4BB3-9C50-2E1BE8F769F2/_licensed/Redcarpet" "${HOME}/.Trash"

/usr/bin/gem install --install-dir "${HOME}/Desktop/Dropbox/Alfred3_Sync_Folder/Alfred.alfredpreferences/workflows/user.workflow.1A72E7E5-AF98-4BB3-9C50-2E1BE8F769F2/_licensed/Redcarpet" --no-document redcarpet

Update.

Auto-fix when needing to reinstall redcarpet.

To update, download the latest version (same URL) or wait a few days and it’ll prompt you to on next usage, since it uses OneUpdater.

Might be a stupid question but when I do the the mk > rtf I lose all my line breaks. Probably some poor handling on my site but any way around it and fix it?

1 hour ago, jacoblo said:

Might be a stupid question but when I do the the mk > rtf I lose all my line breaks. Probably some poor handling on my site but any way around it and fix it?

Unfortunately that somewhat depends on the target application. But try the newest version (jus updated) as it may work for you.

8 hours ago, vitor said:

Unfortunately that somewhat depends on the target application. But try the newest version (jus updated) as it may work for you.

Got 1.23.1 and still the same issue. Is that the latest?

3 hours ago, jacoblo said:

Got 1.23.1 and still the same issue. Is that the latest?

Yes. What application are you trying to paste into?

Update.

Add workaround to not expand Alfred Dynamic Placeholders.

Update.

Improvements to Rich Text rendering. Only available for Alfred 4.

Update.

Further improvements to Rich Text rendering.

Hey Vitor, I'm getting this:

[03:47:25.544] MarkdownTransform[Hotkey] Processing complete
[03:47:25.547] MarkdownTransform[Hotkey] Passing output 'ksfklsdjfklsdjfl[ksd]jfl' to Run Script
[03:47:32.491] STDERR: MarkdownTransform[Run Script] /System/Library/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/2.6/usr/lib/ruby/2.6.0/rubygems/core_ext/kernel_require.rb:54:in `require': cannot load such file -- redcarpet (LoadError)
	from /System/Library/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/2.6/usr/lib/ruby/2.6.0/rubygems/core_ext/kernel_require.rb:54:in `require'
	from /Users/***/Library/Application Support/Alfred/Alfred.alfredpreferences/workflows/user.workflow.87D997CD-0A30-4355-96DB-A45BBAE573A6/ipboard_bbcode_renderer.rb:1:in `<top (required)>'
	from ./bbcode:4:in `require_relative'
	from ./bbcode:4:in `<main>'
[03:47:32.498] MarkdownTransform[Run Script] Processing complete
[03:47:32.499] MarkdownTransform[Run Script] Passing output '' to Copy to Clipboard
[03:47:32.500] MarkdownTransform[Copy to Clipboard] Processing complete
[03:47:32.502] MarkdownTransform[Copy to Clipboard] Passing output '' to Run Script

I should add that I followed this procedure with no success.

On 1/11/2018 at 8:43 PM, vitor said:

@_atanas Try this in a terminal:

mv '/Users/atanasjanackovski/Library/Application Support/Alfred 3/Alfred.alfredpreferences/workflows/user.workflow.C2D7D30E-F51F-489C-AB45-C098803A3AD0/_licensed/Redcarpet' "${HOME}/.Trash"

/usr/bin/gem install --install-dir '/Users/atanasjanackovski/Library/Application Support/Alfred 3/Alfred.alfredpreferences/workflows/user.workflow.C2D7D30E-F51F-489C-AB45-C098803A3AD0/_licensed/Redcarpet' --no-document redcarpet

The same caveat as before applies.

Since redcarpet seems to require rebuilding depending on the macOS version, I should integrate the fix into the Workflow.

24 minutes ago, vitor said:

@xilopaint Are you on Catalina? I’m not and won’t be for a long while (likely ever, considering how buggy and problematic it is), so I won’t be able to debug it for now.

Yes. I guess Catalina is frowned upon because of the hard Beta program which was surrounded by a lot of criticism. Yet I haven't  been facing issues since the release of the first stable version, it's been really pretty stable for me.

Edited by xilopaint

29 minutes ago, xilopaint said:

I guess Catalina is frowned upon because of the hard Beta program which was surrounded by a lot of criticism.

It was not just the beta period. I still find credible reports of issues—in both Catalina and iOS 13—including in first-party apps. On Homebrew Cask, it’s common to have problems reported that happen only in Catalina. Multiple casks required updates because of it. Had the problems been ironed out in the betas (they were not, which is why Apple is making more releases than usual), they wouldn’t have felt the need to revamp their own testing methods for future versions.

31 minutes ago, xilopaint said:

Yet I haven't  been facing issues since the release of the first stable version, it's been really pretty stable for me.

We’re having this conversation because you reported an issue that is likely to be caused by a mess up in Catalina.