Evernote Workflow 9 beta 4 (Alfred 4)

On 2/1/2020 at 8:02 AM, TheLittleDuddas said:

Can we get the append script fixed? Looks like it literally just needs the Alfred Application changed to Alfred 4 instead of 3. I can't get the script to open in my version of Script Debugger.

I am having the same/similar issue when using "enn". The debugger error is:

ERROR: Evernote[Script Filter] Code 1: 0:48: execution error: mkdir: /Users/xxx/Library/Application Support/Alfred 3/Workflow Data: No such file or directory (1)

And my Alfred is installed here:

/Users/xxx/Library/Application Support/Alfred

• 4 weeks later...

Is this still actively maintained? I can't seem to get fallback results to work. Evernote is configured as one of the fallback results providers, however when I press return to search for the term with evernote alfred's search box simply closes and nothing happens.

Hi all, 

I have also a problem using the workflow:

[16:02:06.391] Logging Started...

[16:02:12.148] Evernote[Script Filter] Queuing argument ''

[16:02:12.590] Evernote[Script Filter] Script with argv '(null)' finished

[16:02:12.594] ERROR: Evernote[Script Filter] Code 1: 0:90: execution error: mkdir: /Users/cgoetz/Library/Caches/com.runningwithcrayons.Alfred-2/Workflow Data: No such file or directory (1)

any suggestions?

Christian

• 3 weeks later...

Hi..  the image clipboard can't be used to create a note.  The clipboard text is perfectly working for me.   I copied image in my clipboard. and run evernote command "enn" with clipboard image copy for create new note.  but, nothing happened - no error messages, no note creation. 

7 hours ago, Luddite said:

I'm still getting around Alfred, but anyone tell me if it is possible to tweak this workflow so that I can search Evernote notes from Alfred browser, without having to open Evernote?

Anyone, huge thanks to @Carlos-Sz for taking your time to craft this powerful workflow. 

Well, I haven't been able to find the proper method to tweak this workflow.

(With just Evernote's note link, quicklook cannot render html)

So, I created new workflow to able to using preview feature..

I hope this helps.

Edited by jopemachine
On 8/3/2020 at 10:45 AM, cme4ever said:

Hi..  the image clipboard can't be used to create a note.  The clipboard text is perfectly working for me.   I copied image in my clipboard. and run evernote command "enn" with clipboard image copy for create new note.  but, nothing happened - no error messages, no note creation. 

on run argv

tell application "Evernote"

activate

-- delay considering time taken to turn on the Evernote

delay 1.3

tell application "System Events"

-- new note (Command + N)

key code {55, 45}

delay 0.6

-- press tab key

key code 48

end tell

end tell

tell application "Alfred 4"

-- show clipboard

search "clipboard"

tell process "Alfred"

-- enter clipboard

delay 0.05

key code 76

-- select last item

delay 0.05

key code 125

-- press the last item

delay 0.05

key code 76

end tell

end tell

end tell

end run

How about trying this?

I just typed some script using system events.

This script make a new note with copied files in clipboard.

You can invoke above script with some keyword. (osascript <script file name>.scpt)

I hope this helps.

Edited by jopemachine
  • 5 weeks later...

The quicklook feature appears to be broken. Typing "ens", highlighting a note, holding shift, then pressing enter causes the following error to be written to the debug console:

[22:50:09.357] ERROR: Evernote[Run Script] 152:154: execution error: The variable ql is not defined. (-2753)

EDIT: upon further investigation the error appears to be coming from the "⇧" path of the "ens" script filter, which is a run script action with the osascript:

run script "en_open.scpt" with parameters {"{query}"-ql}

which is clearly a typo. I tried making the obvious changes (e.g. putting "-ql" inside the quotes) but I couldn't even find anything in "en_open.scpt" that looks like it'd do quicklook, though I'm not super familiar with applescript so I could be missing something.

Edited by max.r.rothman
Did more research, added more info

I kind of stuck with having right title in my evernote using this workflow.  Can you do me a favor? what's wrong? 

enn #Important !Today :My Title This is my note body

==> this command made my note having "My Title This is my note body" for note title.  I want to have only "My Title" for note title and the rest of them for evernote body. 

Evernote Note I wish to create with this work flow. 

Title: My Title 

Reminder: Today 

Tag: Important

Note Body:  This is my note body

On 8/8/2020 at 5:44 AM, jopemachine said:

on run argv

activate

delay 1.3

key code {55, 45}

delay 0.6

-- press tab key

key code 48

end tell

end tell

-- show clipboard

search "clipboard"

tell process "Alfred"

-- enter clipboard

delay 0.05

key code 76

-- select last item

delay 0.05

key code 125

-- press the last item

delay 0.05

key code 76

end tell

end tell

end tell

end run

How about trying this?

You can invoke above script with some keyword. (osascript <script file name>.scpt)

I hope this helps.

On 8/8/2020 at 5:44 AM, jopemachine said:

on run argv

activate

delay 1.3

key code {55, 45}

delay 0.6

-- press tab key

key code 48

end tell

end tell

-- show clipboard

search "clipboard"

tell process "Alfred"

-- enter clipboard

delay 0.05

key code 76

-- select last item

delay 0.05

key code 125

-- press the last item

delay 0.05

key code 76

end tell

end tell

end tell

end run

How about trying this?

I hope this helps.

I have run this script in terminal.. nothing getting better.  

Hi Folks! This is a wonderful workflow, thank you for sharing! I just have one question. When I open alfred and begin my search by typing "ens" or "ent" Evernote immediately opens and I have to open alfred a second time to repeat "ens/t" + my search query. Is this normal? I'd love to be able to open alfred type "ent + query" select my query and have evernote launch and open that note when I hit enter. 

• 3 weeks later...

@Gregory Jones  I use this workflow pretty much daily, and I've checked for updates and it still works on the latest version of Evernote (7.14) on Catalina.

Could you please ensure that you're using Evernote from Evernote.com (not the Mac App Store version) and that you're using the Evernote Workflow 9 beta 4, from the very top of the first post in this thread? :) 

If you're still having issues, please pop up the debugger and give more details as to what error messages you're seeing?

https://www.alfredapp.com/help/workflows/advanced/debugger/

Let me know how you get on :)

2 hours ago, Vero said:

@Gregory Jones  I use this workflow pretty much daily, and I've checked for updates and it still works on the latest version of Evernote (7.14) on Catalina.

Could you please ensure that you're using Evernote from Evernote.com (not the Mac App Store version) and that you're using the Evernote Workflow 9 beta 4, from the very top of the first post in this thread? :) 

If you're still having issues, please pop up the debugger and give more details as to what error messages you're seeing?

https://www.alfredapp.com/help/workflows/advanced/debugger/

Let me know how you get on :)

Evernote 10 was released earlier today. Its moved over to use Electron, so it wouldn't surprise me if earlier workflows don't work with it.

@finn-matti @Gregory Jones @ifihlshfhsfgje I'm truly sorry to hear that they've switched to Electron for future development. 

I'm not sure how receptive they are to feedback and feature suggestions, but if there's no support for working with external input at this stage (via AppleScript or otherwise), I would encourage you to make your voices heard either in their forums or by email. 

Thanks for bringing this up, and fingers crossed they listen to their community.

16 minutes ago, Vero said:

@finn-matti @Gregory Jones @ifihlshfhsfgje I'm truly sorry to hear that they've switched to Electron for future development. 

I'm not sure how receptive they are to feedback and feature suggestions, but if there's no support for working with external input at this stage (via AppleScript or otherwise), I would encourage you to make your voices heard either in their forums or by email. 

Thanks for bringing this up, and fingers crossed they listen to their community.

In this case you should reconsider to put Evernote workflow to your workflows page.

The reasons for moving over to Electron are, to be fair, pretty sound from a corporate strategic point of view, but there are major downsides for users in the short-term. Personally I doubt we'll see Applescipt again. I think their preference is for everyone to use their various online routes of getting stuff into Evernote, which is how their web clipper and Outlook integrations work. Whether this would open the door to future Alfred workflows I have no idea.

Just now, finn-matti said:

Indeed, the fact that they specifically single out AppleScript as one of the features they're conscious users will be looking for gives me at least some hope.

I've contacted Evernote (through standard channels, we don't have any special contacts there), so for those who love this workflow and would like to continue using it with future iterations of Evernote, make yourself heard too :)