Evernote Workflow 9 beta 4 (Alfred 4)

Hi, I cannot seem to get the "enn Line 1 /n Line 2 /n Line 3." command to work. All the lines I type in will be added to the name of the note. I think I must be doing something wrong. I would like to type the title and body text of a note directly into Alfred but in the resulting Evernote note, all the text I type appears in the title AND the body text. Can someone help me?

• 2 weeks later...

Missing characters when creating a new note.

When creating a new note in Evernote like "ENN 54321" the new note in EN has missing characters like "543"

I find the number of missing characters to be random.

Sometimes it misses 1, sometimes 4, sometimes none.

I'm running latest EN DIRECT 7.12 versión as well as workflow version v9 beta 3 on Alfred 3.8.2 on iMac Mojave 10.14.6

EDIT: Updated to Alfred 4 and find the same issue.

The debugger reports this:

[2019-08-27 14:45:58][input.scriptfilter] Queuing argument '54321'

[2019-08-27 14:45:58][input.scriptfilter] Processing output of 'action.script' with arg 'new.|.:54'

[2019-08-27 14:45:59][action.script] Processing output of 'output.notification' with arg '54

I hope someone can help me.

Thanks for this brilliant workflow. I really appreciate it.

Edited by turko
2019-Sep-01-pm-02-30-43

Hi Carlos, :)

I love your Evernote workflow for Alfred 4. It’s awesome.

Problem: when i type the command “enn” followed by space key then “message text” e.g. “enn xox abject”. The most convenient option of “enter key” is for the command - “New Note from Text Selection” however that is not the most ergonomic option given that the typed note is for the function “Type a note” to append to Evernote. 

Solution? Why not switch the commands around so user can “Enter” key to add message via “Type a note” to append to Evernote. Thus eliminate extra hassle steps. :)

An idea / product is structured as your problem and a solution.

Though the origin of this solution may be unsuitable but this does highlight your problem that affects your $$$ that shouldn't be ignored.

Why not devise your own alternative solutions to your problem or delegate your assistant to check with the international patent office before jumping to assumptions?

Please feedback to management to max your $$$.

Thank you.

Best regards,
Jianfa Ben Tsai
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I am using Alfred 4 and the workflow of v9 beta 4, and would like to use it for yinxiang (the Chinese version of Evernote).

However, I could not open en_search.scpt and fail to replace application id with 'com.yinxiang.Mac' after I have downloaded and installed Evernote from evernote.com.

How can I solve this problem?

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/3/2019 at 2:15 PM, mgroves said:

Hello, I'm seeing an issue using the Note Append action within Alfred 4 since the workflow is attempting to launch Alfred 3. 

[11:13:06.016] Evernote[Script Filter] Processing complete

[11:13:06.082] Evernote[Script Filter] Passing output 'new.|.@_inbox :test note' to Run Script

[11:13:06.477] ERROR: Evernote[Run Script] 0:75: execution error: Can’t get application id "com.runningwithcrayons.Alfred-3". (-1728)

[11:13:06.517] Evernote[Run Script] Processing complete

[11:13:06.518] Evernote[Run Script] Passing output '' to Post Notification

Thank you for all your hard work on this workflow it is great,

Mark

Hi Mark, I have this problem too! I read the log of Evernote workflow and find a way to fix it:

You can see the log of a workflow by click the bug icon in the top right corner of that workflow.

I find when I append a text, there is a error

"ERROR: Evernote[Run Script] 0:61: execution error: Can’t get application id "com.runningwithcrayons.Alfred-3". (-1728)"

When you click the [Run Script], you will find this is the problem from script "en_append.scpt"

So I decided to change the script.

Download Script Debugger.

Open folder of Evernote workflow(right click the workflow in the alfred workflow panel and click open in finder).

copy   en_append.scpt file  to another folder such as Document folder(Script Debugger can't find files in users/library)

Use Script Debugger to open this script file.

Change  

application id "com.runningwithcrayons.Alfred-3

to

application id "com.runningwithcrayons.Alfred

Compile it.

Copy the compiled script to its original folder.

Then you can append now!

I don't know if my compiled file is okay to run in your mac and I can't summit attachment in reply, if you want, you can send a email  to me and I can send my compiled file to you.

Can someone give examples of ens and adding a reminder or appending - none of the modifiers seem to work me ... thanks in advance

I am still unable to execute and get errors

execution error: Can’t get application id "com.runningwithcrayons.Alfred-3". (-1728)

ERROR: Evernote[Run Script] 152:154: execution error: The variable ql is not defined.

Unable to edit the script file either

can someone help?

Edited by Nara Bharath
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I am very glad to find this workflow, but experiencing a problem with using it.  Has anyone seen this or have some insight how to solve this?

I am using Alfred 4 with macos 10.14.6 mojave. 

I am using the most recent workflow from the link posted on the first page of this forum thread with filename Evernote9b4.alfredworkflow.

Issue:
When I activate Alfred and type "en" to begin typing the keyword "ens," I initially see all of the Evernote workflow options in the context list.  

But when I type the the "s", the option to search (and all other options except synchronize Evernote) disappears from the list, and searching does not work when I type my search word. It searches using google, the default search engine.

Does this make sense?  I can make a screencapture video to show the behavior if necessary.  I have removed and reinstalled the workflow several times, and otherwise my Alfred options are nearly default.

Thank you in advance to anyone willing to help me fix this.  

On 11/16/2018 at 4:03 PM, OmarKN said:

I have the same issue, and it seems that some other people do as well. I am using the most up to date workflow file, but in my case I'm using a paid evernote. 

Did you ever get it working?  

>Evernote 6+ from Evernote.com

So the workflow doesn't function on Evernote in the browser?!

Do I have to download EN? How for the Mac? I'm on the Evernote free plan.

476317584_ScreenShot2018-11-16at23_59_01.png.85bdaed4c6fbfa3172dede64de9ea4b9.png

When continuing writing after "ens" it changes to a Google search, so it's not working with EN online?!

/
Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

With best regards,
Omar KN

1 hour ago, Walker said:

Hello,

I am very glad to find this workflow, but experiencing a problem with using it.  Has anyone seen this or have some insight how to solve this?

I am using Alfred 4 with macos 10.14.6 mojave. 

I am using the most recent workflow from the link posted on the first page of this forum thread with filename Evernote9b4.alfredworkflow.

Issue:
When I activate Alfred and type "en" to begin typing the keyword "ens," I initially see all of the Evernote workflow options in the context list.  

But when I type the the "s", the option to search (and all other options except synchronize Evernote) disappears from the list, and searching does not work when I type my search word. It searches using google, the default search engine.

Does this make sense?  I can make a screencapture video to show the behavior if necessary.  I have removed and reinstalled the workflow several times, and otherwise my Alfred options are nearly default.

Thank you in advance to anyone willing to help me fix this.  

I have removed and reinstalled Evernote with the dmg from the Evernote website, and I am using the most recent workflow file posted here.  
I still get this same problem.
In the debugger I get this kind of message when trying to type "ens" in the evernote window:

[23:01:36.544] Logging Started...

[23:01:40.695] Evernote[Script Filter] Queuing argument ''

[23:01:41.137] Evernote[Script Filter] Script with argv '(null)' finished

[23:01:41.141] ERROR: Evernote[Script Filter] Code 1: 0:48: execution error: Not authorized to send Apple events to System Events. (-1743)

It resembles a similar issue I have seen from others in the forum posts, but the fix of reinstall Evernote, workflow file, and Evernote don't seem to be helping in this case.  

Any other ideas?
Thank you,
-Walker

Edited by Walker
7 minutes ago, Walker said:

I have removed and reinstalled Evernote with the dmg from the Evernote website, and I am using the most recent workflow file posted here.  
I still get this same problem.
In the debugger I get this kind of message when trying to type "ens" in the evernote window:

[23:01:36.544] Logging Started...

[23:01:40.695] Evernote[Script Filter] Queuing argument ''

[23:01:41.137] Evernote[Script Filter] Script with argv '(null)' finished

[23:01:41.141] ERROR: Evernote[Script Filter] Code 1: 0:48: execution error: Not authorized to send Apple events to System Events. (-1743)

It resembles a similar issue I have seen from others in the forum posts, but the fix of reinstall Evernote, workflow file, and Evernote don't seem to be helping in this case.  

Any other ideas?
Thank you,
-Walker

Okay, for other peoples' reference: 

I fixed it by adding one more permission that I missed in System Preferences.   Following the instructions completely from here helped me find the one box that needed to be checked:

https://www.alfredapp.com/help/getting-started/permissions/#integration

• 3 months later...
On 10/12/2019 at 8:11 AM, Walker said:

Okay, for other peoples' reference: 

I fixed it by adding one more permission that I missed in System Preferences.   Following the instructions completely from here helped me find the one box that needed to be checked:

https://www.alfredapp.com/help/getting-started/permissions/#integration

I have the same issue (typing ens followed by space sends Alfred away from running the Evernote script).

So I went to check the permissions, and Alfred is not showing up in the automation part of the privacy options.

Clicking on the Open macos Automation Preferences button in Alfred's Settings / General tab does not help - it takes me to the appropriate part of system preferences, but there does not appear to be any way to add Alfred to the list of things with permission.

Can anyone offer any guidance on what I can do to correct this?

Thanks!

(running macos 10.14.6, Alfred 4.0.8 with powerpack, Evernote 7.1.3 direct)

Edited by glawrie
On 9/11/2019 at 3:57 PM, zckico said:

Hi,

I am using Alfred 4 and the workflow of v9 beta 4, and would like to use it for yinxiang (the Chinese version of Evernote).

However, I could not open en_search.scpt and fail to replace application id with 'com.yinxiang.Mac' after I have downloaded and installed Evernote from evernote.com.

How can I solve this problem?

我修改了一下v9b4,适用于Alfred 4 + 印象笔记(MAS版)的,你可以试试

I have modified the workflow for alfred 4 + yinxiang. 

下载 download

链接: 百度盘  密码:90t0

Edited by TAYAD
On 1/31/2020 at 11:32 AM, glawrie said:

I have the same issue (typing ens followed by space sends Alfred away from running the Evernote script).

So I went to check the permissions, and Alfred is not showing up in the automation part of the privacy options.

Clicking on the Open macos Automation Preferences button in Alfred's Settings / General tab does not help - it takes me to the appropriate part of system preferences, but there does not appear to be any way to add Alfred to the list of things with permission.

Can anyone offer any guidance on what I can do to correct this?

Thanks!

(running macos 10.14.6, Alfred 4.0.8 with powerpack, Evernote 7.1.3 direct)

I've got this issue as well (with command enn for example), but all permissions are fine and re-installing the workflow didn't help... Anyone has any ideas? 🙂

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

@Carlos-Sz @Vero

Thanks for creating this and helping users resolve their issues. You guys are awesome. 🙇‍♂️

Could you please help in the issue where I am not able to preview notes by tapping Shift on the note result in alfred. the post before me has the same issue. Looking for your help.

Edit:

Also, the fallback search is not working for some reason. I added the Evernote "Workflow Trigger" as fallback search. It shows the below error in the debug logs

[23:02:52.358] Evernote[Fallback Search] Passing output 'design instagram' to Run Script

[23:02:52.556] ERROR: Evernote[Run Script] 31:39: syntax error: A “"” can’t go after this identifier. (-2740)

Edited by andy4222
added
  • 1 month later...
On 2/26/2020 at 8:02 PM, fushupin said:

Preview seems not working. I use SHIFT + note and it just shows me the link. 

Screen Shot 2020-02-26 at 3.02.00 PM.png

Evernote changed (a long time ago) the way it stores locally the notes but it didn't provide an AppleScript command to access them.

For the workflow it was an Evernote limitation.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for a great workflow!

I have an Evernote note containing Korean and English text, and am using the "ens -> ^ -> copy to clipboard" functionality to copy the text to the top-most application. The English text looks good, but the Korean gets corrupted. For example "안녕" turns into "안녕". This does not seem to be dependent on what application is currently the top-most one. I'm running this on Mojave. Anyone has any idea of how to resolve this?

On 2/1/2020 at 8:02 AM, TheLittleDuddas said:

Can we get the append script fixed? Looks like it literally just needs the Alfred Application changed to Alfred 4 instead of 3. I can't get the script to open in my version of Script Debugger.

I am having the same problem. The error in the debugger is:

ERROR: Evernote[Script Filter] Code 1: 0:48: execution error: mkdir: /Users/xxx/Library/Application Support/Alfred 3/Workflow Data: No such file or directory (1)

And my Alfred is in here:

/Users/xxx/Library/Application Support/Alfred/