Evernote Workflow 9 beta 4 (Alfred 4)

33 minutes ago, Vero said:

Indeed, the fact that they specifically single out AppleScript as one of the features they're conscious users will be looking for gives me at least some hope.

It'd be the first Electron application to support AppleScript. I'd be surprised if the new version ever supports AS.

10 hours ago, Gregory Jones said:

Isn’t it possible to use Evernote API instead of using AppleScript?

The API looks fairly comprehensive. Thing is, you can't just change this workflow to use the online API.

It would mean writing a completely new workflow in a different language.

On 10/9/2020 at 7:40 AM, deanishe said:

The API looks fairly comprehensive. Thing is, you can't just change this workflow to use the online API.

It would mean writing a completely new workflow in a different language.

I think the Alfred-evernote-workflow is based on the API. That may work with the new version of Evernote (I have not tested myself yet), so you could test that.

• 5 weeks later...

Is there another way to conduct the search which speeds results up?

Using "ent" to search titles for e.g. "India" it takes almost 30 seconds on a new macbook pro. Now, there are about 14k notes in the database, but in Evernote (legacy v7.14) the query takes between .5 and 3 seconds.

I looked through the en_search.scpt but I'm new to applescript and don't know whether the slow down is in the fetching from Evernote, or the way things are getting handled in Alfred, or someplace else.

Thanks so much!

14 hours ago, Ptyron said:

Is there another way to conduct the search which speeds results up?

Using "ent" to search titles for e.g. "India" it takes almost 30 seconds on a new macbook pro. Now, there are about 14k notes in the database, but in Evernote (legacy v7.14) the query takes between .5 and 3 seconds.

If your post relates to the workflow linked by @cands a few posts above, could you please post your issues with it in the correct workflow thread, so that it doesn't confuse matters with the workflow this particular thread is about? :) 

Please confirm that's the one you're referring to and I'll move this post too.

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/13/2020 at 4:51 AM, Vero said:

If your post relates to the workflow linked by @cands a few posts above, could you please post your issues with it in the correct workflow thread, so that it doesn't confuse matters with the workflow this particular thread is about? :) 

Please confirm that's the one you're referring to and I'll move this post too.

I am discussing the original/title Evernote Workflow 9 beta 4 (Alfred 4) by Carlos

Edited by Ptyron
  • 2 weeks later...

Has anyone run into the problem where after typing the keyword (ent for example) the moment I type the search term, the evernote workflow disappears and alfred offers a google or wikipedia search on the whole sequence?

For example... typing ent shows the evernote title search in the drop down. I then type the search term company notes. The actual input is:

ent company notes

when I type the c for company, the evernote dropdown option disappears and only google and wikipedia options are available

image.png.4a8d16ef209aeb3001ca470432239d70.png

Edited by pairodimes
1 hour ago, pairodimes said:

when I type the c for company, the evernote dropdown option disappears and only google and wikipedia options are available

This is because the Evernote workflow is not getting any relevant results from Evernote.

This can be for a few reasons so check that:

Once you've done this, when you type "ent" followed by a space, first, Evernote should launch in the background if it wasn't already open. Then you should see the first result as "Show in Evernote" with the subtext "Displaying 10 notes from xxx notes" before you even type anything else. This confirms that the workflow is working and has access to your notes.

Then as you start typing your query, the list of results should filter down to relevant ones.

Let me know how you get on :) This is an excellent workflow I use a lot, but you have to have the right version, which is a little trickier now that Evernote have moved on to an Electron version for v10.

Cheers,
Vero

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Paul Rowe said:

Is it the case that for those of us using Evernote version 10 we will never be able to use an Alfred workflow to search?

For this to be possible would require for Evernote to make changes in their app. Your best bet at this point is to feedback to Evernote.

One voice might not get it done, but if they keep hearing from Alfred users, it may become a more significant priority.

In the meantime, the best option - as suggested above - is to use the legacy Evernote 7.

Hi Vero

Thank you for your feedback.

I took the opportunity this afternoon to speak with Evernote as suggested.

The following transcript may be of some assistance to forum members.

you • 10:07:40 am
Hi I would like to discuss an issue of Evernote integration
lormel katrin • 10:07:52 am
Hi! Welcome to Evernote Customer Support.
lormel katrin • 10:08:14 am
Can you please provide more details regarding your concern?
you • 10:10:31 am
Sure - I am a long term user of Evernote Premium and also the third part app named Alfred - Up until version 10 I was able to use Alfred to search my Evernote account but it appears that the Evernote upgrades now prevent Alfred from working with Evernote - are you working on allowing Alfred once again work with Evernote?
lormel katrin • 10:11:31 am
I understand that you are inquiring if Alfred and Evernote is already available in the new Evernote app.
lormel katrin • 10:12:04 am
As it seems, we haven’t built this feature into the new Evernote app. This is one of a handful of features we are still considering.
lormel katrin • 10:12:06 am
Thanks for letting us know this feature is important to you. I will share this information with our product team.
you • 10:13:04 am
Please do as this is extremely important for me and the vast majority of Alfred users from the support forums I read in Alfred
lormel katrin • 10:13:19 am
I understand. I'll make sure to pass your feedback to our team so they are aware of your experience.
lormel katrin • 10:13:33 am
In the meantime, you can use the Legacy app while our team is working on this integration.
lormel katrin • 10:13:49 am
Thank you for your patience and understanding.
you • 10:15:54 am
can the legacy app work in tandem with the current version of Evernote?
lormel katrin • 10:16:20 am
Yes, you can install it side by side.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
On 6/18/2019 at 5:36 PM, Jonah said:

Hey Carlos, it seems the clipboard image can't be used to create a note. The clipboard text is fine though.

Anyone experiencing this issue? I'm using Evernote 7.14 on macOS Big Sur. 

This is how you may reproduce the issue:

1. Get a screenshot into the clipboard using any screenshot app or just press Command + Shift + 5

2. In Alfred popup, enter enn, and select the

New Note from Clipboard (Image)

3. On the top right corner of the mac screen, it will popup a notification saying: 

"Feature is not compatible with Evernote from Mac App Store"

I'm currently using Evernote 7.14 downloaded from the Evernote website. I appreciate any help or suggestion.

Thank you.

• 5 months later...
6 minutes ago, fabiorcosta said:

Does this wf work with Alfred 4?

It should continue to work provided you're using the legacy Evernote version, from before they switched to Electron. When Evernote switched to Electron, they stopped supporting AppleScript, which is needed for the workflow.

You can download the relevant version of Evernote here:

https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/360052560314-Install-an-older-version-of-Evernote

• 1 year later...

Its not working for me. After downloading and enabling, whenever I type the keyword like "ens" or "ent" nothing happens. Below are the error logs. Can someone please help ? I am new to Alfred workflows, so not sure if i am doing something wrong.

[14:13:03.071] Evernote[Script Filter] Queuing argument ''
[14:13:03.355] Evernote[Script Filter] Script with argv '(null)' finished
[14:13:03.360] ERROR: Evernote[Script Filter] Code 1: 0:56: execution error: Evernote got an error: "intitle:" doesn’t understand the “«event EVRNfind»” message. (-1708)
[14:13:04.623] Evernote[Script Filter] Queuing argument ''
[14:13:04.881] Evernote[Script Filter] Script with argv '(null)' finished
[14:13:04.889] ERROR: Evernote[Script Filter] Code 1: 0:48: execution error: Evernote got an error: "" doesn’t understand the “«event EVRNfind»” message. (-1708)
[14:13:07.202] Evernote[Keyword] Processing complete
[14:13:07.204] Evernote[Keyword] Passing output '' to Run Script
[14:13:07.245] ERROR: Evernote[Run Script] 31:42: execution error: The variable synchronize is not defined. (-2753)
[14:13:19.181] Evernote[Script Filter] Queuing argument ''
[14:13:19.431] Evernote[Script Filter] Script with argv '(null)' finished
[14:13:19.438] ERROR: Evernote[Script Filter] Code 1: 0:56: execution error: Evernote got an error: "intitle:" doesn’t understand the “«event EVRNfind»” message. (-1708)
[14:13:21.384] Evernote[Script Filter] Queuing argument ''
[14:13:21.629] Evernote[Script Filter] Script with argv '(null)' finished
[14:13:21.635] ERROR: Evernote[Script Filter] Code 1: 0:56: execution error: Evernote got an error: "intitle:" doesn’t understand the “«event EVRNfind»” message. (-1708)
[14:13:25.547] Evernote[Script Filter] Queuing argument ''
[14:13:25.796] Evernote[Script Filter] Script with argv '(null)' finished
[14:13:25.801] ERROR: Evernote[Script Filter] Code 1: 0:56: execution error: Evernote got an error: "intitle:" doesn’t understand the “«event EVRNfind»” message. (-1708)
[14:13:45.511] Logging Started...

• 3 months later...
On 1/28/2022 at 8:09 PM, Vero said:

It should continue to work provided you're using the legacy Evernote version, from before they switched to Electron. When Evernote switched to Electron, they stopped supporting AppleScript, which is needed for the workflow.

You can download the relevant version of Evernote here:

https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/360052560314-Install-an-older-version-of-Evernote

FWIW - slow to join all of you in using alfred + evernote integration, but i thought of checking this... and i found that the  link above is invalid ... And searching from evernote does pops up the result of the page but the page doesn't exist anymore 😞

@nasri It seems that Evernote no longer want people using the legacy version of the app. We've expressed to them many times that we'd love to see AppleScript support, but the new Electron version of Evernote doesn't support it - making search via a workflow no longer possible.