Jump to content

Evernote Workflow 9 beta 4 (Alfred 4)


Recommended Posts

33 minutes ago, Vero said:

Indeed, the fact that they specifically single out AppleScript as one of the features they're conscious users will be looking for gives me at least some hope.

 

It'd be the first Electron application to support AppleScript. I'd be surprised if the new version ever supports AS.

Link to post
  • Replies 836
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Alfred 4 Read about this workflow below.   This is an update to address the new Alfred 4 data folder (thanks to xilopaint). DOWNLOAD Evernote Workflow 9 beta 4 for Alfred 4  

Evernote workflow 9 beta 3 released with minor code optimizations and updated workflow preferences.   Download Now   If your search (ens keyword) is not returning any results pleas

@All:   Here is a very early version of the workflow that starts to add support to Evernote 6.06+. There are a lot of code lines to review and test so there is a chance that something still needs to

Posted Images

10 hours ago, Gregory Jones said:

Isn’t it possible to use Evernote API instead of using AppleScript?

 

The API looks fairly comprehensive. Thing is, you can't just change this workflow to use the online API.

 

It would mean writing a completely new workflow in a different language.

Link to post
On 10/9/2020 at 7:40 AM, deanishe said:

 

The API looks fairly comprehensive. Thing is, you can't just change this workflow to use the online API.

 

It would mean writing a completely new workflow in a different language.

 

I think the Alfred-evernote-workflow is based on the API. That may work with the new version of Evernote (I have not tested myself yet), so you could test that.

Link to post
  • 5 weeks later...

Is there another way to conduct the search which speeds results up?

Using "ent" to search titles for e.g. "India" it takes almost 30 seconds on a new macbook pro. Now, there are about 14k notes in the database, but in Evernote (legacy v7.14) the query takes between .5 and 3 seconds.

 

I looked through the en_search.scpt but I'm new to applescript and don't know whether the slow down is in the fetching from Evernote, or the way things are getting handled in Alfred, or someplace else.

 

Thanks so much!

 

Link to post
14 hours ago, Ptyron said:

Is there another way to conduct the search which speeds results up?

Using "ent" to search titles for e.g. "India" it takes almost 30 seconds on a new macbook pro. Now, there are about 14k notes in the database, but in Evernote (legacy v7.14) the query takes between .5 and 3 seconds.

 

 

If your post relates to the workflow linked by @cands a few posts above, could you please post your issues with it in the correct workflow thread, so that it doesn't confuse matters with the workflow this particular thread is about? :) 

 

Please confirm that's the one you're referring to and I'll move this post too.

Link to post
  • 3 weeks later...

Is there a way to show tags and creation/updated dates of notes in search results? With only the titles, it sometimes is hard to judge what the right note is. Thanks and sorry if that was discussed earlier, I could not find it.

Link to post
On 11/13/2020 at 4:51 AM, Vero said:

 

If your post relates to the workflow linked by @cands a few posts above, could you please post your issues with it in the correct workflow thread, so that it doesn't confuse matters with the workflow this particular thread is about? :) 

 

Please confirm that's the one you're referring to and I'll move this post too.

I am discussing the original/title Evernote Workflow 9 beta 4 (Alfred 4) by Carlos

Edited by Ptyron
Link to post
  • 2 weeks later...

Has anyone run into the problem where after typing the keyword (ent for example) the moment I type the search term, the evernote workflow disappears and alfred offers a google or wikipedia search on the whole sequence?

 

For example... typing ent shows the evernote title search in the drop down. I then type the search term company notes. The actual input is:

 

ent company notes

 

when I type the c for company, the evernote dropdown option disappears and only google and wikipedia options are available

 

image.png.4a8d16ef209aeb3001ca470432239d70.png

Edited by pairodimes
Link to post
1 hour ago, pairodimes said:

when I type the c for company, the evernote dropdown option disappears and only google and wikipedia options are available

 

This is because the Evernote workflow is not getting any relevant results from Evernote.

 

This can be for a few reasons so check that:

Once you've done this, when you type "ent" followed by a space, first, Evernote should launch in the background if it wasn't already open. Then you should see the first result as "Show in Evernote" with the subtext "Displaying 10 notes from xxx notes" before you even type anything else. This confirms that the workflow is working and has access to your notes.

 

Then as you start typing your query, the list of results should filter down to relevant ones.

 

Let me know how you get on :) This is an excellent workflow I use a lot, but you have to have the right version, which is a little trickier now that Evernote have moved on to an Electron version for v10.

 

Cheers,
Vero

Link to post
  • 2 months later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...