Take screenshots and manage files within a Dropbox Public subfolder.
- custom filename with constants
- always use the last filename pattern (useful for a set of screenshots from the same theme)
- capture screen, selection and window with or without shadow
- optional 5 seconds delay
- get URL to the clipboard: normal and shortened by bitly or Brb.bz
- manage screenshots (that's why a subfolder in Dropbox Public folder is recommended): preview, get public link, upload to Cloud App, upload to imgru and all Alfred file actions
- list past links then copy to the clipboard, paste or open in the default browser
Bring Alfred and type the keyword setupss
- Select the Dropbox Public folder: it is recommended to, first, create a subfolder into Dropbox Public folder, e.g. ~/Dropbox/Public/Screenshots/ so you can easily manage only the screenshots taken instead of all image files inside your Dropbox Public folder
- Type your Dropbox Public folder ID: go to your Dropbox Public folder, right click a file and select Copy Public Link, then paste it in a text editor and copy the number there
- Select the URL type to be copied to the clipboard (bitly and Brb.bz require registration and an API key)
Take a Screenshot
Bring Alfred and type the keyword ss then select the capture mode from the list.
Optionally type the filename. You can use constants such as $d (day), $m (month), $y (year), $h (hour), $n (minute) and $s (second). The last typed pattern is always automatically used.
- Command key: set a 5 seconds delay before the screenshot
- Option key: save the screenshot to the clipboard instead the folder
- Control key: reset the filename pattern to the default one
Note that you can set hotkeys for all screenshot types.
Bring Alfred and type the keyword ssm
You will see a list of screenshots and you can:
- Return key: open the file
- Shift key: preview the file
- Command key: get link
- Option key: upload to Cloud App (install the app first)
- Control key: upload to imgru
- Righ arrow: for Alfred file Action (delete, copy and so on)
Bring Alfred and type the keyword ssc
You will see a list of past links made by the workflow. You can:
- Return key: copy the link to the clipboard
- Shift key: preview the lined image
- Control key: copy and paste the link to the topmost application
- Option key: open the link in the default browser
- Keyword ssc to list past links
- List screenshots using Finder if Spotlight is not available
Date: 01 Mar 2014
Made on OSX 10.9.1
Edited by Carlos-Sz, 01 March 2014 - 06:38 PM.