View Full Dictionary Definition Right in Alfred

Hello,

I use the dictionary feature a lot, and I think it would be great to have the option to view the full definition right in Alfred, instead of a single line which rarely ever provides useful insights. This makes me open the Dictionary app every time, which is very inefficient. This is the default Spotlight behavior (phrases using the word and etymology are also included, and it's really useful) and it works well. Lacona does this too.  

Thanks!

• 2 years later...

Was looking for the same topic, so trying to bump this. Is there any way of increasing the results window for "define" so that more of the definition could appear? The results are usually not useful because they are so cut off.

Edited by vitor
Reduced font size and cleaned up formatting

@kodiak I concur!

On 8/1/2020 at 9:30 PM, deanishe said:

What might work nicely would be if Alfred showed the full definition in its Large Type window (i.e. you press ⌘L on a result).

Yes! This would be a good alternative to the definition showing in the Alfred panel/window (however, it might not be practical in some cases as some word definitions are multiple and long). A perfect implementation (imo) would be spotlight-like in-window scrollable definition with the option of displaying definitions from 1 or more dictionaries.

• 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...