1Password — Search and open 1Password items

On 8/7/2022 at 12:05 PM, vitor said:

Updating the items requires reauthentication, but you don’t need to go through extras for it. When a change is made in 1Password, the results should show an item to update everything. Does that not show for you?

my bad, i wasn't aware of that. i see an "Update items" result yeah, lost below my usual results. i guess i misread how the new integration worked. and kinda expected that it was as straightforward as before. this new system adds some non-welcomed friction, although i understand it's out of your control.

thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, I've succesfully managed to log, my problem was the internet from the work was sort of preventing it, I did a hotspot with my phone and everything logged in.

I have a question, is it possible to copy the password with a shorcut instead of opening the website and trying to paste the credentials?

I would like to

1) Open Alfred

2) 1p PASS

3) Shortcut + Enter

And have the password already copied.

Here is my system configuration:

- Alfred 5.0.1 build 2067

- 1Password workflow v2022.16

- 1Password 8.8.0 build 80800203

- Mac OS 12.5.1

I noticed a couple of problems with the new Alfred and the new 1Password workflow:

1) When I add new logins to 1Password, Alfred and the 1Password workflow do not update their database with these new logins, so I can not use them at all, which defeats the purpose of the 1Password workflow. 

2) For some reason, Alfred seems to not look at what you use most to give you those results first, but pushes very old results to the top. One such example is when I type "1P" into Alfred, 1Password (the app) used to be my top pick, and then the top logins I use. Now, the top pick is a 1Password login that I haven't used in ages. Also, the results below the first pick are some 1Passwords logins that I haven't logged into in ages. This is happening for other things too sometimes, but I notice it most with 1P because I use it so often. 

Before you switched to this new 1Password workflow, everything was working fine.

Any help is appreciated it. 

Thanks!

Alex

When asking about an existing Workflow, it’s best to use its own forum thread. While it may seem that starting a new thread could give your problem visibility, it fragments the discussion and makes it less likely the author and users of the workflow (the people who can help) will see it. I’ve moved your post to the correct place.

The Workflow can’t just update your data because you need to reauthenticate to get the new details. That’s a consequence of 1Password’s new third-party integration method (the command-line tool) so not something possible to work around.

But the Workflow does detect changes and warns you of them. Running 1p you’ll have an option to update the items. It should be the first one on the list—if it is not something weird may be happening—and that explains why your items are out of order. Once you update the items, they’ll be back to be usage-based.

We’ve been in talks with the 1Password folks regarding third-party integrations. Improvements are in the works.

Posting an initial version of the 1Password Workflow without the Terminal requirement. It’s a temporary link instead of a proper release because it’s not yet done, but should be stable enough for day-to-day use. Feedback is welcome (and the purpose of posting it in this state). Please keep it focused on what works or doesn’t, not new feature requests.

Before using this version you need to install the 1Password CLI and turn on “Biometric Unlock for 1Password CLI” under the Developer tab of the 1Password preferences. Do this even if your Mac does not support Touch ID.

wHDSKEh.png

• 2 weeks later...

Updated to 2022.17, which brings big improvements.

Most notably, the terminal login requirement is gone. The given 1Password integration still has restrictions, so a one-time short setup will still be required, all done via the GUI. Specifically, you’ll have to turn on “Biometric Unlock for 1Password CLI” under the Developer tab of the 1Password preferences (despite the name, it’s not just for biometric logins) and install the 1Password CLI as it won’t work bundled due to a 1Password requirement. This may change in the future.

This also makes possible a popular feature request: copying username, password, and one-time password directly from the Workflow. You can set the desired modifiers for this in the User Configuration.

The default search Keyword is now configurable too.

Plus other improvements, such as reliably setting “Update Items” as top result (when applicable) and an updated diagnostics command.

Hi,

I am trying to force an update of items and it seems to just hang displaying Updating items... will take a few seconds

It never completes and no 1PW items ever display ...

Note: I have Biometric unlock enabled in 1PW despite what this diagnostic shows so that could be an issue?!

Any clues?

Thanks

### Workflow version

### Alfred version

### macOS version

### Architecture
arm64

### Preferences

### 1Password version

### op version

### Biometric unlock
NOT enabled

### Launchd job
Loaded: -    1    com.alfredapp.1password
Installed

Screen Shot 2022-09-13 at 4.01.12 pm.png

Screen Shot 2022-09-13 at 4.00.59 pm.png

8 hours ago, vitor said:

@mingus First do :1pextrasReset Workflow. Then open the debugger, set the log output to “All Information” and do :1pextrasForce Update Items. Wait for (let’s say) two minutes then copy and paste the output here.

Ah ok. I had already done a reset multiple times and reinstalled the workflow multiple times.

The debugger revealed that one of my 2 vaults was locked (my work vault) and it was failing. Once I unlocked both vaults the workflow updates as expected.

Thanks.

6 minutes ago, mingus said:

The debugger revealed that one of my 2 vaults was locked (my work vault) and it was failing.

Are you able to share the exact error message? (It is fine to anonymise the names/IDs of the vault and account, I just want to see the exact error because it may be possible to do something about it.

Edited by vitor
6 minutes ago, vitor said:

Are you able to share the exact error message? (It is fine to anonymise the names/IDs of the vault and account, I just want to see the exact error because it may be possible to do something about it.

the output is gone now but I will attempt to reproduce it when I have a moment ...

10 minutes ago, mingus said:

the output is gone now but I will attempt to reproduce it when I have a moment ...

[11:46:10.316] 1Password[Run Script] Passing output '' to Run Script
[11:46:12.176] STDERR: 1Password[Run Script] [ERROR] 2022/09/14 11:46:07 the account XXXXXXXX is locked, please unlock it in the 1Password app
[ERROR] 2022/09/14 11:46:12 the account XXXXXXXX is locked, please unlock it in the 1Password app
./1password.js: execution error: Error: SyntaxError: JSON Parse error: Unexpected EOF (-2700)
[11:46:12.192] 1Password[Run Script] Processing complete
[11:46:12.193] 1Password[Run Script] Passing output '' to Call External Trigger

This caused it to seemingly hang and not update the unlocked vault.