How hard is to work with an API?

I was looking for a workflow to use with Taskade, my Task Manager tool. Unfortunately, I discovered that an API was required to create one, but the developer of Taskade didn't have one at the time. This dashed my hopes of having the workflow I wanted. However, now the developer has released an API for sharing, and I'm wondering if using it will allow me to finally create my desired workflow. There's just one problem - I'm not a programmer, and this will be my first attempt at using the Alfred platform for that. Is it possible for me to create a workflow with the API, or is it beyond my capabilities?

Every API is unique in what it provides, and APIs can be simple or complex depending on the features or data they provide.

If you're comfortable with programming, and can read documentation (assuming the API documentation is thorough and clear), then programming a tool to use an API doesn't have to be too complex.

Having said that, in your case, you will need to write some code to use this API. If you're not comfortable with that, it might be worth waiting for a user on this forum who has an interest in Taskade to help with this. Alternatively, ask the Taskade community?

28 minutes ago, Andrew said:

in your case, you will need to write some code to use this API.

Thank you, Andrew! Although I'm not a programmer, I would absolutely love to utilize Alfred with Taskade. Now that the API is accessible, I am determined to figure out a way to make it happen.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 12/22/2023 at 9:08 AM, giovanni said:

basic features you'd like to see in such a workflow?

Taskade has been upgraded with incredible add-ons that now allow you to unleash the full potential of your productivity. With the ability to create agents to perform tasks for you and to set up automations, the possibilities are endless. However, I would love to leverage Alfred seamlessly:

1. Select text or links and seamlessly send them to a project as a task or as part of a task list.

2. Download PDFs or assets directly into Taskade's media tray from a link by simply copying to Alfred.

3. Access a project using an Alfred shortcut and view its tasks, enabling me to easily mark them as completed.

4. Effortlessly create a project or add a task to an existing project directly through Alfred.

I have more specific requirements, but these are the essential features that I would love to see integrated into a workflow.