I've added a category to Packal to help track workflows that offer Alfred Remote functionality. Here is the category: http://www.packal.org/tags/alfred-remote.

So, when you add your workflows to Packal, make sure that you check that box if you want it included there.

Fantastic, thank you Shawn!

For users who've created workflows with Remote Triggers, be sure to tag your workflows and identify them clearly, and we'll feature as many as we can on the Alfred blog and in videos in the coming weeks :)

• 1 year later...

Can anyone give me some use cases for alfred remote that they actually do use?

I've been toying with it for a while and it's great, I just haven't found anything to consistently use it for. Basically locking my computer when I walk away from it at WeWork or somewhere public, and controlling spotify while at home. Beyond that I haven't found the big aha use case that I'm hoping to.

What have you all been using it for?

Can anyone give me some use cases for alfred remote that they actually do use?

I've been toying with it for a while and it's great, I just haven't found anything to consistently use it for. Basically locking my computer when I walk away from it at WeWork or somewhere public, and controlling spotify while at home. Beyond that I haven't found the big aha use case that I'm hoping to.

What have you all been using it for?

You'll also find some ways we (and users) have been making use of it here:

https://www.alfredapp.com/blog/productivity/how-we-and-you-use-alfred-remote-every-day/

Cheers,

Vero
  • 2 months later...

As I think about Alfred Remote, I think workflows could be created that emulate the new touch bar on the macbook pros that just came out (Oct 2016).

So instead of thinking of Remote as things you normally do with a remote (power point type functions) Think of it as buttons you can quickly press instead of having to use the mouse to go to  Insert -> new slide.  (example for power point creation) or Insert ->  photo  or perhaps there is a fast way to resize a photo to a maximum size to fit within a power point with ease.  Click on a photo and have it resized with a press of a button rather than eye balling it with the mouse.  Perhaps always putting an object in a particular location like headers and body.

Automate tasks with a touch of a button that would normally require lots of mouse motions.  This could be done in every application you commonly use to significantly speed up creation.

On 30/10/2016 at 5:55 PM, Andrew Severin said:

As I think about Alfred Remote, I think workflows could be created that emulate the new touch bar on the macbook pros that just came out (Oct 2016).

So instead of thinking of Remote as things you normally do with a remote (power point type functions) Think of it as buttons you can quickly press instead of having to use the mouse to go to  Insert -> new slide.

That's what it's always been, imo. It's never really been an other-side-of-the-room app, like BetterTouchTool remove or AirMouse. The lack of support for moving the cursor or typing means you can't do a massive amount without heading back to your Mac.

What is lacking in the "sidekick" regard is the ability to switch remote pages automatically based on the active application (unless this has been added since the last time I opened AR).

Agreed, but for now, opening that section on the remote device is a small amount of time compared to how much the remote buttons will save in an app you will likely use for a long period of time for creation.

Have you created any of these kind of remote button schemes for common applications like word, powerpoint excel, Adobe Illustrator?

Also would be nice if we could put an image or text (save file) in place of the command (apple S)

Edited by Andrew Severin
  • vitor unpinned this topic