--THIS EMPTY LOOP WILL PAUSE SCRIPT UNTIL PREVIOUS SYNC IS FINISHED
    end repeat
quit

end tell

end alfred_script

Thank you for sharing it. I’ll try it. 

Hi, 

this is a great workflow, thank you.

Could you implement to show the notebook as the subtitle of the notetitle results? This would be really helpful.

Cheers

Thank you for your suggestion. I’ll see what can be done. Meanwhile you can use notebook:my query here to search in a notebook.

Hi,

v4.5: when I type ennew, then nothing happens, except that alfred says "loading options" under "Create a new note…". Do I have to make any adjustments to the script first? Other commands work fine.

Cheers

Hi,

v4.5: when I type ennew, then nothing happens, except that alfred says "loading options" under "Create a new note…". Do I have to make any adjustments to the script first? Other commands work fine.

Cheers

I downloaded and tested the workflow and everything is fine.

Please, download the workflow again and reinstall it: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/127623/Evernote%204.5.alfredworkflow

You can also try to restart Alfred just in case.

mmh. Doesn't help. It's weird:

When I assign hotkeys, they work (e.g. new note from clipboard).

When I type ennew, then it seems to get stuck while "loading options" - even if I add text after ennew, pressing return won't do anything.

Not sure how to debug this..

mmh. Doesn't help. It's weird:

When I assign hotkeys, they work (e.g. new note from clipboard).

When I type ennew, then it seems to get stuck while "loading options" - even if I add text after ennew, pressing return won't do anything.

Not sure how to debug this..

Make sure you don’t have any other workflow, or even a copy of Evernote, using the same keyword.

I’ve just tested in another Mac and it is also working fine. Anyway, I’ll double check some procedures just in case.

One more thing: try to restart Alfred (quit Alfred itself, not only preferences).

Edited by Carlos-Sz

When I try to update using Alleyoop, it downloads version 4.0 instead of 4.5. In the Alleyoop dropdown, it says:

Evernote 4.0

v. 4.5—Direct paste and hotkeys for searching

Even though it says v. 4.5, it downloads 4.0. Upon rerunning oop, the same update shows up. 

Does anyone know how to fix this (bar manually)?

Your workflow is awesome ;)

Could you add a "sync" function? 

Thank you. :)

Do you mean a command just for synching or an automatic synching right after a new note is created?

When I try to update using Alleyoop, it downloads version 4.0 instead of 4.5. In the Alleyoop dropdown, it says:

Evernote 4.0

v. 4.5—Direct paste and hotkeys for searching

Even though it says v. 4.5, it downloads 4.0. Upon rerunning oop, the same update shows up. 

Does anyone know how to fix this (bar manually)?

The remote link is right but here what I’ve found:

I changed some files to make my version Evernote 4.1.

Alleyoop download the right version but it renamed it to 4.1 (it gets the name of the workflow not the remote file).

Anyway, please download version 4.5 directly from the link (see initial post) just in case.

Edited by Carlos-Sz

i just meant a keyword to trigger a sync. But if you wanna go crazy, I won't stop you, i like the enthusiasm ;)

Great. 

I think I’ll go with the sync keyword. I initially decided to let Evernote alone regarding synching (not that it can’t be changed in the future). :) 

Hi,

the ennew keyword is still not working for me.

I've done the following:

- restart computer

- reinstall Evernote

- reinstall Alfred Evernote plugin

- rename ennew into some other keyword

The issue is still the same. Alfred doesn't do anything once ennew has been typed. The "loading options" is shown, indicating that the right workflow is being called. Also, when I rename ennew in the Evernote workflow, then typing ennew falls back onto a browswer serach, showing that the keyword doesn't exist twice (same after uninstalling the workflow). Using the hotkeys works, indicating that the script in the 3rd column of the workflow does its job fine. The error therefore seems to happen in the ennew scriptfilter, which calls add_evernote.scpt.

Any ideas left? I'd really like to get this to work...

Hi, 

sorry for the late reply, was gone over weekend - yes, the new version works. I really appreciate your work, many thanks!

Great to hear and thank you for your feedback and patience.

Hi Carlos,

This is fantastic. Is it possible to specify the notebook when adding a note, as is possible with tags?

Best,

Alex

I’m already testing it: title or note#tags#notebook

In resume, after the second # you can specify an existing notebook or a new one that the workflow will create.

Thank you for your feedback. :)

Hi Carlos,

I would suggest using @ for notebook and keeping # for tags.

Best,

Alex

The choice of the text delimiter is always tricky.

For simplicity, I’m using another hash because if the note is an email then I don’t have to worry about what the @ means later, when parsing the string.

Anyway, I’ll consider an alternative.