Pin Plus — Interact with your Pinboard bookmarks

30 minutes ago, Pyetro said:

but it require a valid email address to log in.

Not an issue, I don’t even need to open it to see the AppleScript dictionary.

50 minutes ago, Pyetro said:

it's a Chromium based browser!

In that case they should have access to a rich AppleScript dictionary. Yet it seems they don’t implement it. That’s something which needs to be fixed on their side; until they have an AppleScript dictionary, it is technically impossible to support the browser.

• 1 month later...
On 2/22/2019 at 7:27 AM, vitor said:

Update.

Added support for Vivaldi and Brave. I’ve skipped Opera since while we can get the URL and Title from a tab, we can’t execute JavaScript (to run the bookmarklet to add bookmarks). The capability seems to be there (being Chromium-based) but not a way of turning it on.

To update, download the latest version (same URL) or wait a few days and it’ll prompt you to on next usage, since it uses OneUpdater.

Hi,

`Pa` keyword doesn't fire up a PinPlus bookmark gui on Brave. What am I missing?

• vitor changed the title to Pin Plus — Interact with your Pinboard bookmarks
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Pin Plus seems to have broken for me. Maybe with my recent update to macOS 13.1 (I was on macOS 12 until a few days ago).

I tried updating to the latest version 2022.3 (updated through user gallery) 

My Safari is configured with:

✔ Allow JavaScript from Apple Events

With Safari frontmost, when I attempt a "PA" action, nothing happens and I get the following in Alfred's debugger:

[02:26:52.072] Pin Plus[Hotkey] Processing complete
[02:26:52.079] Pin Plus[Hotkey] Passing output '' to Run Script
[02:26:52.420] Pin Plus[Run Script] Processing complete
[02:26:52.426] Pin Plus[Run Script] Passing output 'null
' to Run Script
[02:26:56.978] Pin Plus[Keyword] Processing complete
[02:26:56.987] Pin Plus[Keyword] Passing output '' to Run Script
[02:26:57.306] Pin Plus[Run Script] Processing complete
[02:26:57.312] Pin Plus[Run Script] Passing output 'null
' to Run Script

"PIN" and "PUN" keywords seem to be working fine, its just "PA" that's no longer working.

Updated to 2023.1.

• Changed default actions for modifiers, but made them configurable.
  • Removed keyword to force fetch. Now available with fn↩.
  • Show [No description] and [No tags] when unavailable.
  • Made launchd agent self-clean when trigger not found. To get this if you already have the workflow:
    1. Disable Periodic Refresh in configuration.
    2. Save.
    3. Force rebuild cache with fn↩.
    4. Enable Periodic Refresh.
    5. Save.

Note the above is not a requirement. The old agent was already pretty efficient so even leaving it there won’t make a noticeable difference.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/19/2022 at 7:36 AM, vitor said:

It’s not available for everyone to download. If you send me the DMG, I’ll look at the AppleScript dictionary and see if it can be added.

Vitor, is there some way I can send you an invite code for Arc Browser so that you could try adding support? I tried messaging you via the forum PMs but it says you don't accept messages. I'd post the code here but it's only good for 5 invites and I'm afraid they'd get used up before you got to use it.

FWIW, I tried to figure it out and was going to submit a PR but couldn't get it working. I tried just duplicating the workflow and adding "Arc" to the "chromium_variants" line in run_bookmarklet.js but after doing so, the workflow wasn't pulling up the Add Bookmark overlay.

5 hours ago, devnall said:

Vitor, is there some way I can send you an invite code for Arc Browser so that you could try adding support?

I have one, someone else sent it recently for another matter.

I tried messaging you via the forum PMs but it says you don't accept messages.

Thank you for the heads up, I’ll look into it. I just got one the other day so it may just be full.

I tried just duplicating the workflow and adding "Arc" to the "chromium_variants" line in run_bookmarklet.js but after doing so, the workflow wasn't pulling up the Add Bookmark overlay.

That is because despite being based on Chromium, Arc’s dictionary is different due to their “spaces” functionality. If they used the same dictionary, it would have been a no-brainer.

• 4 weeks later...
39 minutes ago, giovanni said:

PS: perhaps you meant these two below in the description without the ↩? 

Indeed, thank you. Sorted in the latest version, which will be live shortly. I’ve also switched the cache rebuilding shortcut to ⌘⌥⌃↩ since (in another workflow) people mentioned how fn is inaccessible on some external keyboards.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hello @vitor
Suddenly it's not working with Arc anymore.

Here the debug log:

[12:38:15.147] Pin Plus[Keyword] Processing complete
[12:38:15.153] Pin Plus[Keyword] Passing output '' to Automation Task
[12:38:15.155] Pin Plus[Automation Task] Running task 'Run JavaScript in Front Browser Tab' with no arguments
[12:38:15.380] ERROR: Pin Plus[Automation Task] Task Error: intel/get-frontmost-browser.swift:32: Fatal error: Did not find a supported web browser
../../../../com.alfredapp.automation.core/safari/.common/tabs-current-run-javascript: execution error: Error: Did not find a supported web browser (-2700)