Search and add bookmarks to Raindrop.io

• 3 months later...

Hey there,

Recently, when i remembered that i have this amazing Raindrop Alfred workflow on my computer, i wanted to have a new try with it, but i experienced some errors in the trials.

Below is what comes from the Alfred Workflow debugging console when i try to search with the term "design" as an example : would you guys have any clues on what is (not) going on please ?

Have a good one,
D.

PS: Config wise, in am under Mac OS 10.15.7 with Alfred 5 and the 2.0.7 version of the workflow

[14:06:57.630] Search Raindrop.io[Script Filter] Queuing argument '(null)'
[14:06:58.760] Search Raindrop.io[Script Filter] Script with argv '(null)' finished
[14:06:58.763] STDERR: Search Raindrop.io[Script Filter] 🍺
14:06:57 workflow.go:328: ----- Search Raindrop.io/2.0.7 (AwGo/0.27.1) -----
14:06:58 feedback.go:509: Sent 2 result(s) to Alfred
14:06:58 workflow.go:405: ------------------ 772.29906ms -------------------
[14:06:58.764] Search Raindrop.io[Script Filter] {
  "variables": {
    "AW_SESSION_ID": "N5A3RSYU0AT4REF85O0SAC46"
  },
  "items": [
    {
      "title": "Search your Raindrop.io bookmarks",
      "subtitle": "Or press enter to open Raindrop.io",
      "arg": "https://app.raindrop.io/",
      "valid": true,
        "goto": "open"
      },
      "mods": {
        "alt": {
          "arg": "https://app.raindrop.io/",
          "subtitle": "Or press enter to open Raindrop.io",
            "goto": "open"
          }
        }
      }
    },
    {
      "title": "Browse your Raindrop.io collections",
      "subtitle": "",
      "valid": true,
      "icon": {
        "path": "folder.png"
      },
        "goto": "browse"
      },
      "mods": {
        "alt": {
          "subtitle": "",
            "goto": "browse"
          }
        }
      }
    }
  ]
}
[14:07:08.769] Search Raindrop.io[Script Filter] Queuing argument 'design'
[14:07:10.150] Search Raindrop.io[Script Filter] Script with argv '(null)' finished
[14:07:10.155] STDERR: Search Raindrop.io[Script Filter] 🍺
14:07:09 workflow.go:328: ----- Search Raindrop.io/2.0.7 (AwGo/0.27.1) -----
14:07:10 feedback.go:509: Sent 0 result(s) to Alfred
14:07:10 workflow.go:405: ------------------ 1.031134258s ------------------
[14:07:10.156] Search Raindrop.io[Script Filter] /**** Unexpected response from server ****
Bad Request
***********************************/

/**** Unexpected response from server ****
Bad Request

{
  },
  "items": null
}
[14:07:10.157] ERROR: Search Raindrop.io[Script Filter] JSON error: JSON text did not start with array or object and option to allow fragments not set. in JSON:
Bad Request

Bad Request

{
  },
  "items": null
}

Edited by dyab

Hi @dyab

I answered this on GitHub here: https://github.com/westerlind/alfred-raindrop-search/issues/19

The quick summery is that I think it is possible that it might be possible to solve this issue by forcing a log out and then log in to Raindrop again the next time you use the workflow, which you can do by removing the raindrop-search object from Keychain Access.

Edited by andreas.w
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

This workflow has been working for me for a very long time, but it suddenly stopped working correctly this morning.

I had to reauthenticate, which seemed to work fine.

If I do the ra command, it will still allow me to add new bookmarks.

However, when I type r, to search for a bookmark, it no longer allows a search, it just says 'Search Your Raindrop.io bookmarks', and gives me an option to open the app page in my web browser.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

I'm using Alfred 5 with a Powerpack.

I'm using 2.0.7, which is listed as the most up to date version of the workflow.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/17/2023 at 2:54 AM, jstncwlcx said:

This workflow has been working for me for a very long time, but it suddenly stopped working correctly this morning.

I had to reauthenticate, which seemed to work fine.

If I do the ra command, it will still allow me to add new bookmarks.

However, when I type r, to search for a bookmark, it no longer allows a search, it just says 'Search Your Raindrop.io bookmarks', and gives me an option to open the app page in my web browser.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

I'm using Alfred 5 with a Powerpack.

I'm using 2.0.7, which is listed as the most up to date version of the workflow.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

having the same exact issue T_T

• 1 month later...

No error message.

Blank when I try to search for a bookmark.

When I add a bookmark it does not give the option to select a collection (likely do to it not properly connecting to Raindrop.io). I receive a notification as it would with a successful addition, but when I search on the Raindrop.io website, the bookmark is not available. 

Try to open Keychain Access and search for raindrop there, and remove the item that matches this workflow, and then open the workflow again and try to search or add a bookmark.

If you do that, you should get to re-authenticate, and hopefully thay will fix the problem.

Hi @andreas.w

It will probably become really tiresome but I seem to be having the same problem.

I have read through all the messages here, but I keep getting stuck.

I uninstalled the workflow

I deleted the keychain item (without using the search field, otherwise it does not delete the item)**

I reinstalled the workflow (2.0.9)

I authenticated the workflow

typed "r ch"

and instantly receive the error "interface conversion: interface {} is nil, not float64"

Hope you can help me out!

** as per advice on https://discussions.apple.com/thread/253223496

Edited by hoffjero
typo
  • 3 weeks later...
On 9/8/2023 at 4:11 PM, etaming said:

Is there anyway to configure this so that any search inquiry will also search inside of raindrop? I find it harder to switch away from my chrome bookmarks because it's a little difficult to remember the "ra" key to enter 

No, there isn't (at least not that I'm aware of).

What is possible though, and how I have been using this workflow myself, is to bind it to any keyboard shortcut you want, so that you get directly to the Raindrop searching (or adding a bookmark) without having to go through standard Alfred first.

I have for example been using it like this:

Trigger Alfred: cmd+space

Trigger Alfred Raindrop Search: option+space

Trigger Alfred Raindrop Add Bookmark: cmd+option+space

But you can of course configure it to what you prefer.

If you go to this workflow in the Alfred settings, the object that you will need to double click to set the shortcuts are the two green ones with a white field in them, up in the top left corner. (There is a description of this below these objects too).

You can also change the "r" and "ra" keywords to anything you like (so that you can use something that you remember more easily) at about the same place in the configuration (you will see the green objects with "r" and "ra" as titles.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey @andreas.w,

Loving the Raindrop.io extension for Alfred, but I've got a question about making it even more seamless. Is there a way to configure it so that I don't have to use a specific shortcut to search my Raindrop bookmarks? I'm the type who tends to just start typing what I'm looking for in Alfred, forgetting to use any designated shortcuts. It'd be a game-changer if Alfred could automatically query my Raindrop.io bookmarks without needing to use a specific function or keyword.

Would really appreciate some insights.

Cheers!

• 1 month later...

As of today, the extensions is no longer working for me. It states that I'm not authenticated and when I click on "agree" on the permission page it loads a blank page with the word "Forbidden". I've tried to reinstall the extension, to log out of raindrop and I even tried to remove the password from the keychain.

Please advise!

• 3 months later...

Sweet workflow! I'm runnign into a weird quirk when I try to add a bookmark. When I type in "ra" followed by a space Alfred searchs my contacts for "ra". Any idea how to handle this? Appreciated!

On 3/25/2024 at 8:39 PM, mrwynn said:

I'm runnign into a weird quirk when I try to add a bookmark. When I type in "ra" followed by a space Alfred searchs my contacts for "ra". Any idea how to handle this? Appreciated!

It's hard to tell what might be the reason for this without more context, but you could go to the the Raindrop workflow and check if it says "ra" where I marked that with red in the screenshow below. That is where the code word that by default is set to "ra" is configured, and you could change it to anything by double clicking that box and change the setting for it there. 

One thing you could do, and which is what I do myself, is to set up keyboard shortcuts for searching a bookmark or adding a bookmark, which you can also see in the screenshow below on the left side. Double click those boxes to set your own shortcuts if that seems like a good solution for you.

image.thumb.png.4024e97082afeb88867c44ea253906eb.png

2 hours ago, andreas.w said:

It's hard to tell what might be the reason for this without more context, but you could go to the the Raindrop workflow and check if it says "ra" where I marked that with red in the screenshow below. That is where the code word that by default is set to "ra" is configured, and you could change it to anything by double clicking that box and change the setting for it there. 

One thing you could do, and which is what I do myself, is to set up keyboard shortcuts for searching a bookmark or adding a bookmark, which you can also see in the screenshow below on the left side. Double click those boxes to set your own shortcuts if that seems like a good solution for you.

image.thumb.png.4024e97082afeb88867c44ea253906eb.png

Thanks for the speedy reply! I set a shortcut and it will now invoke the workflow and say it's saving the new bookmark but no new bookmark shows up. I will have to do some more digging...