Alfred 5 Sneak Peek - Take a look at what's coming in Alfred 5 :)

We've just published the first sneak peek of Alfred 5's features!

Creating workflows will be faster, more user-friendly and accessible than ever with Alfred's new Palette, Prefabs, Automation Tasks and a totally revamped Workflow Editor. 

Early Access begins later this month. We can't wait to share this new release with you! :) 

https://www.alfredapp.com/alfred-5-whats-new/

Feast your eyes on the new Workflow Editor with all the goodness that will make creating workflows even more efficient!

workflow-canvas-wider.png

Hey @Andrew and @Vero ! Congrats on the new version! This looks great and I’m loving the attention to details!

"Automation Tasks" looks to be a good idea to make Workflows work without breaking on system upgrade by keeping the actions maintained with Alfred. I’m looking forward to how this develops and also to the release of the task development tool!

Again, congrats and all the best! :)

Is there any work being done to make pre-built workflows more accessible throughout the community? I've found myself having to scour this forum and github for existing workflows. Having a dedicated official website or in-app solution for this would be great. That said, amazing work on improving an already great piece of software !

8 minutes ago, ajyey said:

Is there any work being done to make pre-built workflows more accessible throughout the community? I've found myself having to scour this forum and github for existing workflows. Having a dedicated official website or in-app solution for this would be great. That said, amazing work on improving an already great piece of software !

A new Workflow Gallery website is in the work and will be released after v5, as mentioned by @Vero in this post:

Would really like to see the workflow gallery a top priority and included as an actual in-app package manager. While the announced changes sound like improvements, they seem to be missing the features (would love customizable detailed result panes in addition to the package manager) that really benefit the user experience in Alfred alternatives.

7 hours ago, andy4222 said:

BTW, any new changes to snippets?

This may warrant creating a separate thread to this one, but if you let us know what features you're looking for, we may be able to help you achieve it with Workflows and a Snippet Trigger. There's so much flexibility in using Snippet Triggers, there's a good likelihood what you're looking for is already possible :)

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, active1 said:

Being able to add keystrokes such as <Tab key> within the Snippets would be good.

In that case, you can create a workflow starting with a Snippet Trigger, and adding a Dispatch Key Combo before the next bit of pasted text. This is particularly useful in that you can also use a short Delay utility if needed before the next piece of text is pasted, in case the app / site you're using is a little slow. Ensures you get good results every time :)

Start a new thread in the Workflows Help & Questions section if you need a hand.

Gosh, can I just say how darn beautiful the new workflow editor looks, Alfred really deserves to win a design award!!! 😍

And then sweating the details (accessibility)!

And it is super great news that a workflow gallery is coming, and even more amazing if this makes it into the UI itself.

Congratulations, just from the screenshots alone this is amazing work!