Spotify Mini Player: Control your Spotify library at your fingertips

Hi everyone!

When I select shared playlist - Spot Mini Player doesn't play them

When I select my own playlists - SMP plays them just fine.

dJz6xkiulx4F3jeo3I12U1CIA.png

uYFwkcM2VsN0e6xzXu5lyh5Ke.png

I press Enter and nothing happens. Alfred window just goes away.

I tried updating Playlist library - no luck. What should I do?

Hi,

I'm here to help :)

I tried to reproduce using playlist 'Re-energize' but I get no problem playing it.

Please provide the debug file as explained here:

Troubleshooting

If you experience an issue with the workflow, use the "spot_mini_debug" command, it will generate a spot_mini_debug.tgz file in your Downloads directory. Then send this file to me.

4zSE+.png

Hi,

I'm here to help :)

I tried to reproduce using playlist 'Re-energize' but I get no problem playing it.

Please provide the debug file as explained here:

Troubleshooting

If you experience an issue with the workflow, use the "spot_mini_debug" command, it will generate a spot_mini_debug.tgz file in your Downloads directory. Then send this file to me.

4zSE+.png

Don't bother with the debug file, I've reproduced your issue. You're right, we can't launch subscribed playlists and update them. I'll see how to fix that

Thanks! Can't wait for the update!

Version 4.0 is available!! 

I have updated the main post to include all details.

Here is the change log:

4.0:

• Choose workflow themes: green or black
  • Display and browse Related Artists
  • Display Artist biography
  • Display current track lyrics

j8nb+.png

• Use any of your playlists (including the starred playlist) as the Alfred Playlist
  • Clear your Alfred Playlist (exluding the starred playlist)
  • Auto-Updater: check for update once per day
  • Check for update in Settings
  • Various enhancements

alfred-workflow-icon.png

I'm trying to get this set up, but keep getting the following in the spotify app:

4:58:34 PM: All playlists have been processed
4:58:34 PM: Starting retrieval of all related artists
4:59:04 PM: Ended retrieval of all related artists
4:59:04 PM: update_library finished
4:59:04 PM: Error received: undefined
4:59:04 PM: Workflow closed connection: 

I noticed in your debug logs, it was saying the library.db file was not there, so I tried just creating it empty to see if that would do it. But then the process just hangs, freezes the output in the app, and I don't know what to get. The spot_mini_debug/library.db and output_action.log are empty. The output.log is as follows:
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<items><item arg="" valid="no"><arg></arg><title>There is a problem, the initialization phase last more than 5 minutes</title><subtitle>Follow the steps below:</subtitle><icon>./images/warning.png</icon></item><item arg="" valid="no"><arg></arg><title>1/ Kill update library</title><subtitle>You can kill it by using spot_mini_kill_update command</subtitle><icon>05F86AA1-D3EE-4409-9A58-898B36FFE503.png</icon></item><item arg="" valid="no"><arg></arg><title>2/ Open Spotify Mini Player App <spotify:app:miniplayer></title><subtitle>Go to the Spotify Mini Player App in Spotify.</subtitle><icon>./images/green/app_miniplayer.png</icon></item><item arg="" valid="no"><arg></arg><title>3/ Copy paste the Debug output and provide it to the author</title><subtitle>Also provide a tgz file with spot_mini_debug command</subtitle><icon>CEF36AB9-7CC2-4765-BF84-751E88B69023.png</icon></item></items>

The debug.log is just

DEBUG: Darwin Valhalla.local 13.0.0 Darwin Kernel Version 13.0.0: Thu Sep 19 22:22:27 PDT 2013; root:xnu-2422.1.72~6/RELEASE_X86_64 x86_64 
Let me know if there's anything else you need.

I'm trying to get this set up, but keep getting the following in the spotify app:

4:58:34 PM: All playlists have been processed
4:58:34 PM: Starting retrieval of all related artists
4:59:04 PM: Ended retrieval of all related artists
4:59:04 PM: update_library finished
4:59:04 PM: Error received: undefined
4:59:04 PM: Workflow closed connection: 

I noticed in your debug logs, it was saying the library.db file was not there, so I tried just creating it empty to see if that would do it. But then the process just hangs, freezes the output in the app, and I don't know what to get. The spot_mini_debug/library.db and output_action.log are empty. The output.log is as follows:
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<items><item arg="" valid="no"><arg></arg><title>There is a problem, the initialization phase last more than 5 minutes</title><subtitle>Follow the steps below:</subtitle><icon>./images/warning.png</icon></item><item arg="" valid="no"><arg></arg><title>1/ Kill update library</title><subtitle>You can kill it by using spot_mini_kill_update command</subtitle><icon>05F86AA1-D3EE-4409-9A58-898B36FFE503.png</icon></item><item arg="" valid="no"><arg></arg><title>2/ Open Spotify Mini Player App <spotify:app:miniplayer></title><subtitle>Go to the Spotify Mini Player App in Spotify.</subtitle><icon>./images/green/app_miniplayer.png</icon></item><item arg="" valid="no"><arg></arg><title>3/ Copy paste the Debug output and provide it to the author</title><subtitle>Also provide a tgz file with spot_mini_debug command</subtitle><icon>CEF36AB9-7CC2-4765-BF84-751E88B69023.png</icon></item></items>

The debug.log is just

DEBUG: Darwin Valhalla.local 13.0.0 Darwin Kernel Version 13.0.0: Thu Sep 19 22:22:27 PDT 2013; root:xnu-2422.1.72~6/RELEASE_X86_64 x86_64 
Let me know if there's anything else you need.

Hi,

Sorry for late response.

Can you execute in Terminal this command:

netstat -an | grep 17693

And send me the output.

I use TCP port 17693 to communicate between the workflow and Spotify App, so if this port is used on your system, you'll get the problem you experience.

Thanks

I use TCP port 17693 to communicate between the workflow and Spotify App, so if this port is used on your system, you'll get the problem you experience.

Thanks

I've made a fix for this:

History

alfred-workflow-icon.png

4.1.1:

• Now use free TCP port for communication between workflow and Spotify App Helper.

Please check for update in the workflow settings menu, and install the 4.1.1 version. Let me know if you still get issue

"netstat -an | grep 17693" revealed no output. 

Running the update now shows:

10:59:06 AM: All playlists have been processed
10:59:06 AM: Starting retrieval of all related artists
10:59:36 AM: Ended retrieval of all related artists. Found 1 results.
10:59:36 AM: update_library finished
10:59:36 AM: Error received: undefined
10:59:36 AM: Workflow closed connection: 

"netstat -an | grep 17693" revealed no output. 

Running the update now shows:

10:59:06 AM: All playlists have been processed
10:59:06 AM: Starting retrieval of all related artists
10:59:36 AM: Ended retrieval of all related artists. Found 1 results.
10:59:36 AM: update_library finished
10:59:36 AM: Error received: undefined
10:59:36 AM: Workflow closed connection: 

ok...

Can you open a ticket here https://github.com/vdesabou/alfred-spotify-mini-player/issues/new

We will discuss the problem from there

I'll have to provide custom workflow to see what's going on in your case.

Thanks

Hi Vdesabou,

I was just wondering, in the mini player where you list the playlists that the currently playing track is part of, would it be possible to add an "show playlist in Spoitfy" option to jump you to the Spotify app with the selected playlist displayed?

Also, I've noticed when selecting songs to play from playlists it just adds the selected song to the Play Queue and plays it, after the selected song the play queue continues with whatever you had in your play list previously. Would it be possible that when you select a song from a playlist the playlists becomes the now playing list and the selected song gets played. I imagine you would need to "launch the playlist" then set the now playing song?

Basically it's caught me out a few times when listening to Artist A, then wanting to switch to a specific song from my Artist B playlist, but after that song Artist A would come back on. I expected that when selecting a song from a playlist that playlist overwrites the play queue and the selected song plays, as that is what happens in the Spotify app.

Other than that I'm still using the workflow everyday and loving the v4.x updates!

Hi Vdesabou,

I was just wondering, in the mini player where you list the playlists that the currently playing track is part of, would it be possible to add an "show playlist in Spoitfy" option to jump you to the Spotify app with the selected playlist displayed?

Also, I've noticed when selecting songs to play from playlists it just adds the selected song to the Play Queue and plays it, after the selected song the play queue continues with whatever you had in your play list previously. Would it be possible that when you select a song from a playlist the playlists becomes the now playing list and the selected song gets played. I imagine you would need to "launch the playlist" then set the now playing song?

Basically it's caught me out a few times when listening to Artist A, then wanting to switch to a specific song from my Artist B playlist, but after that song Artist A would come back on. I expected that when selecting a song from a playlist that playlist overwrites the play queue and the selected song plays, as that is what happens in the Spotify app.

Other than that I'm still using the workflow everyday and loving the v4.x updates!

Hi, It's been a while :)

Good suggestions. I'll see what I can do.

Would you mind opening a ticket here https://github.com/vdesabou/alfred-spotify-mini-player/issues/new so that we can discuss further details if needed ?

Thanks

Hi Vdesabou,

It has been added to 4.2:

History

alfred-workflow-icon.png

4.2:

• 2 months later...

Any change to reset everything somehow? I changed my spotify account and now it still shows the old songs and old playlists which I can't update anyway. I've tried to uninstall and install again the workflow but no luck. If I am trying to open the wf in spotify an error says "Not installed - Application is not installed"

Any help?

Any change to reset everything somehow? I changed my spotify account and now it still shows the old songs and old playlists which I can't update anyway. I've tried to uninstall and install again the workflow but no luck. If I am trying to open the wf in spotify an error says "Not installed - Application is not installed"

Any help?

Hi,

Suggest you remove everything in App folder, you can access it by invoking spot_mini_debug, and then browse to app support folder like this

Remove library.db and settings.db in there. If your library is totally different, you can also remove artwork directory (but the next update will have to re-download everything)

If you still experience issues after this, please raise an issue on github page by invoking "spot_mini_issue"

qlbSCc57Mq.png

Technical question - How did you do the animated progress bar for updating the playlist library? I thought that once a script filter sends the XML, you can't change it... so how does the progress bar work?

Thanks!

Yes that's right. It is not updated automatically, you have to re-invoke the workflow again, but you can also press a key (space for example) to see the progression, because it will re-trigger processing and sends an updated XML.

All the code is available on Github if you want to have a look

Edited by vdesabou