Jump to content

Recommended Posts

This is a great workflow.  I use Asana for everything these days, and while it's not too difficult to get to Asana in my browser, this is really slick.  Thank you!

Share this post


Link to post

Thanks for making available what looks like a great workflow!

 

I am running into a few issues with the "azone" and "aspace" commands. The others all work. "azone" expands to the "Choose Timezone" command, but as soon as I finish typing the "azone" keyword it just shows me Google, Amazon, and Wikipedia searches for the word "azone" as choices. "aspace" sits forever on "Retrieving workspace data".

 

"akey", "aget", "aproject", and "asana" all work, although I get time zone warnings on most of them. And since the time zone is not set, the cool due date shortcuts don't work.

 

Hoping it might be a quick fix and someone here can offer advice to try. Many thanks!

Share this post


Link to post

Thanks so much for creating this! I'm having a problem with the implementation though.  When I open Alfred and type akey, it wants to search google :(  I'm guessing something in my Alfred settings is not correct. Would someone be willing to help me with this?

Share this post


Link to post

Another vote for the ability to add the project tag when you create the task in asana. Something like 'task name::date::project tag'.

 

Another idea would be allow us to set the date format - I use dd-mm-yyyy.

 

Can anyone advise how I would edit the date format in the asana.php file for this workflow?

 

Great workflow!

Share this post


Link to post

hi .. like nearly everyone else here.. i would like to thank you for your creation.

 

i am having an issue reregistering with the 'akey' command.

 

when i spark alfred and enter "akey <asana api key>"

 

i get "ERROR: Please run 'akey' to save your asana settings".

 

running alfred 2 v2.8.2 (432) and quicktask v2.1.

 

any ideas?

 

thanks in advance.

Share this post


Link to post

Hi guys,

 

I bought Alfred and the PowerPack specifically to work with Asana. I was really disheartened to find that this script didn't work.  

 

But, because I didn't want to give up so fast, I pulled out the debugger.  Long story short, at least for me, when Alfred upgrade to Version 3, it rendered this script non-functioning.  

 

The problem is that the directories that are created by Alfred 3 are called "Alfred 3" not "Alfred 2" as the script expects.  

 

So, the "fix" is to go into two places and "symbolically link" Alfred 2 to the Alfred 3 directory.  

 

The path is relative to your username, so it will be different for each user. To find out the paths, go to the "Workflows" in Alfred preference, click the workflow, then run it. You will see errors when the script tries to access the path.  

 

Use the command line on OSX to link the same path from Alfred 3 to the Alfred 2 folder. 

 

And, then things work.  

 

I don't really have time to write a script to do this, as I'm working. But, I wanted to 1) let people know with path fixes it works, and 2) give you a hint on how to fix it, so you don't waste the hour or two I have trying to learn Alfred, Alfred debugging, etc. to sort this out. 

Share this post


Link to post

Thanks emb! For those not entirely clear on this, you can now find your "API Key" as needed in QuickTask for the akey command by going in Asana to My Profile Settings, then Apps, then Manage Developer Apps, and there choose Create New Personal Access Token.

Share this post


Link to post

So, I deleted my Alfred 2 as I thought it was redundant to my Alfred 3. Now, my QuickTask doesn't work. When I try to reset my akey, I get the following message in the debug console:

 

Starting debug for 'Asana QuickTask'

[2016-10-06 12:36:21][ERROR: action.script] mkdir: /Users/joe/Library/Caches/com.runningwithcrayons.Alfred-2/Workflow Data: No such file or directory

mkdir: /Users/joe/Library/Application Support/Alfred 2/Workflow Data: No such file or directory

wflanaganiii mentioned symlinking to fix this, but I'm not sure what or how to symlink what to what. Any help?

 

On 7/24/2016 at 6:36 AM, wflanaganiii said:

The problem is that the directories that are created by Alfred 3 are called "Alfred 3" not "Alfred 2" as the script expects.  

 

So, the "fix" is to go into two places and "symbolically link" Alfred 2 to the Alfred 3 directory.  

 

The path is relative to your username, so it will be different for each user. To find out the paths, go to the "Workflows" in Alfred preference, click the workflow, then run it. You will see errors when the script tries to access the path.  

 

Use the command line on OSX to link the same path from Alfred 3 to the Alfred 2 folder. 

 

And, then things work.  

 

I don't really have time to write a script to do this, as I'm working. But, I wanted to 1) let people know with path fixes it works, and 2) give you a hint on how to fix it, so you don't waste the hour or two I have trying to learn Alfred, Alfred debugging, etc. to sort this out. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
On 10/6/2016 at 2:48 PM, hey_fletch said:

So, I deleted my Alfred 2 as I thought it was redundant to my Alfred 3. Now, my QuickTask doesn't work. When I try to reset my akey, I get the following message in the debug console:

 

Starting debug for 'Asana QuickTask'

[2016-10-06 12:36:21][ERROR: action.script] mkdir: /Users/joe/Library/Caches/com.runningwithcrayons.Alfred-2/Workflow Data: No such file or directory

mkdir: /Users/joe/Library/Application Support/Alfred 2/Workflow Data: No such file or directory

wflanaganiii mentioned symlinking to fix this, but I'm not sure what or how to symlink what to what. Any help?

 

For anyone with a similar problem, getting this to work with Alfred 3 requires editing workflows.php.

 

Right-click on Asana QuickTask in your workflows and select "Open in Finder".

 

Open the workflows.php file with text editor and replace the Alfred-2 and Alfred 2 with Alfred-3 and Alfred 3 respectively. It will work after doing this.

Share this post


Link to post

Dropbox urls from main site seem to no longer work - api abandoned - seems like this one may have been put to rest... sigh

Share this post


Link to post
On 9/21/2016 at 2:24 PM, rubzie said:

Thanks emb! For those not entirely clear on this, you can now find your "API Key" as needed in QuickTask for the akey command by going in Asana to My Profile Settings, then Apps, then Manage Developer Apps, and there choose Create New Personal Access Token.

 

This is how you make it work. Thanks, rubzie!

Share this post


Link to post

Is there any way to connect an Organization instead of a workspace?

When typing aspace, the organization does not show up

 

Share this post


Link to post
On 1/11/2017 at 8:29 PM, tmykkanen said:

 

For anyone with a similar problem, getting this to work with Alfred 3 requires editing workflows.php.

 

Right-click on Asana QuickTask in your workflows and select "Open in Finder".

 

Open the workflows.php file with text editor and replace the Alfred-2 and Alfred 2 with Alfred-3 and Alfred 3 respectively. It will work after doing this.

 

This solved it for me.

Share this post


Link to post
On 1/11/2017 at 7:29 PM, tmykkanen said:

 

For anyone with a similar problem, getting this to work with Alfred 3 requires editing workflows.php.

 

Right-click on Asana QuickTask in your workflows and select "Open in Finder".

 

Open the workflows.php file with text editor and replace the Alfred-2 and Alfred 2 with Alfred-3 and Alfred 3 respectively. It will work after doing this.


This also worked for me.  Thankfully!  I am so happy - Asana has now essentially replaced Omnifocus for me (quick entry was the main feature I missed).

I was curious - does anyone know if I can have a quick entry shortcut to add tasks to Workspace 1 and another quick entry shortcut to add tasks to Workspace 2?

It seems that this workflow logs the current workspace and aggregates that data across any duplicated workflows, so I suspect it won't work - but I figured it was worth an ask.

 

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)

The workflow appears to live here: https://github.com/mannieschumpert/quicktask

 

Download the zipped repo, extract it, then drag the folder into your workflows directory.

 

To quickly get to your workflows directory, open Alfred Preferences, right-click on any workflow and choose Open in Finder. Then go up one level to the directory named "workflows".

Edited by deanishe

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, deanishe said:

To quickly get to your workflows directory

 

You can also use Workflow Directory workflow to quickly view directories of workflows without even going to Alfred Preferences but do it right from Alfred.

 

Search workflow

 

1393254946_2019-01-03at01_56.png.3326e78a12c447fbb0e9ba85f65c4712.png

 

And press right arrow to see its file contents

1732707604_2019-01-03at01_57.png.1b639fc49844e8e74fd391ebf03e24ea.png

 

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×