I wrote this to Vitor elsewhere but thought it's probably better putting this in this thread:

Thanks *so* much for work on this workflow, it's fantastic! 
Question one: which would improve it even more for me: is it possible to show the Critics Consensus text as well inline, OR if not, then when hitting return/enter after having selected the movie is it possible to open the selected movie's page on RT rather than a search page?
So having selected it in Alfred and hit enter on RT, it would open this page rather than this one.

Question two: I'm not getting any preview of anything when I press shift at any point in the process. I'm on MacOS - any ideas what I need to change?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @kenanmike,

I replied to your GitHub issue, but I'll post my reply here as well...

This workflow uses The Open Movie Database as its source for RT ratings. Unfortunately, it looks like the breakdown of critic/audience ratings returns "N/A" for movies. It only returns the main tomato meter rating.

As for opening the RT page, It looks like this is doable as the API now returns the RT url. This is implemented in version 2.9.

Question two: I'm not getting any preview of anything when I press shift at any point in the process. I'm on MacOS - any ideas what I need to change?

Check to see that the Quick Look setting is enabled in Alfred (Alfred Preferences > Features > Previews). Then, when you search for a movie and hit return to get the details, you should be able to quick look the top item in Alfred. I've noticed that MacOS's quick look has changed the way it renders HTML over the years - and right now, the images aren't displayed. If you hit return on the top item, the page should open and display properly in your browser.

• 7 months later...

Thanks for updating! Unfortunately I get the following error complaining about urllib3 missing:

[08:37:55.789] Logging Started...
[08:38:03.847] ERROR: Movie and TV Show Search[Script Filter] Code 1: Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "media.py", line 11, in <module>
    import requests
  File "/Users/***/Library/Application Support/Alfred/Alfred.alfredpreferences/workflows/user.workflow.A2EAA197-3267-406D-B42C-8F427B547486/requests/__init__.py", line 43, in <module>
    import urllib3
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'urllib3'

1 hour ago, cands said:

Thanks for updating! Unfortunately I get the following error complaining about urllib3 missing:

[08:37:55.789] Logging Started...
[08:38:03.847] ERROR: Movie and TV Show Search[Script Filter] Code 1: Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "media.py", line 11, in <module>
    import requests
  File "/Users/***/Library/Application Support/Alfred/Alfred.alfredpreferences/workflows/user.workflow.A2EAA197-3267-406D-B42C-8F427B547486/requests/__init__.py", line 43, in <module>
    import urllib3
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'urllib3'

Getting the same error.

Tried, pip3 install urllib3 and pip install urllib3.

Dosen't solve it.

13 hours ago, eshmootie said:

Still getting an error

Hi @eshmootie. Some googling makes it seem like it could be related to the python3 installation. Did you manually install python3 or are you using the version packaged with macOS? Maybe the top answer here applies to you.

I assume you can reach themoviedb API from your browser (try this API url) without any SSL/cert issues?

It's possible I may need to add some code to avoid this issue for certain environments, but I'm definitely not a python expert! If any python devs out there have any suggestions, please let me know.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks very much for keeping this workflow functional with all the Monterey complications. One question I had was about showing Rotten Tomatoes results for TV shows..they don't come up at the moment. I assume this is because RT shows ratings for each season, but *not* for the tv show overall. Anyway to specify season when I search a TV show on this workflow? Or maybe get RT to simply show season 1 ratings for each show by default?

1 hour ago, kenanmike said:

Anyway to specify season when I search a TV show on this workflow? Or maybe get RT to simply show season 1 ratings for each show by default?

I rely on the OMDb API for RT ratings. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like they have the RT ratings for TV shows/seasons at this time.

• 4 months later...

Hello there,

I want to thank you for this wonderful workflow.

I am having an issue with it as shown in the first pic. There is no issue with my connection. Also, I have tried my own OMDb API ID. None of these solutions work for me.

My python version is shown in the second pic.

Screen Shot 2022-08-22 at 11.43.20 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-08-22 at 11.43.49 AM.png

• 7 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Hi. Just found this workflow on the Alfred Gallery and it looks pretty great. But I can't get it to work. I am using version 2.16.1 of workflow. I requested and activated an API key but it seems to be an 8-digit number, is that correct? When I use the workflow, every time I only see the message "Uh oh, something went wrong."

image.thumb.png.8e15dcd1564d501fe90d86041a3ea591.png

What am I doing wrong?

6 hours ago, DrDannySands said:

Hi. Just found this workflow on the Alfred Gallery and it looks pretty great. But I can't get it to work. I am using version 2.16.1 of workflow. I requested and activated an API key but it seems to be an 8-digit number, is that correct? When I use the workflow, every time I only see the message "Uh oh, something went wrong."

image.thumb.png.8e15dcd1564d501fe90d86041a3ea591.png

What am I doing wrong?

Same issue. Is it possible to fix?