[19:29:01.797] Logging Started...
[19:29:02.976] Movie and TV Show Search[Script Filter] Queuing argument 'friends'
[19:29:03.780] Movie and TV Show Search[Script Filter] Queuing argument 'fr'
[19:29:03.964] Movie and TV Show Search[Script Filter] Script with argv 'fr' finished
[19:29:03.967] STDERR: Movie and TV Show Search[Script Filter] https://api.themoviedb.org/3/search/tv?api_key=0ebad901a16d3bf7f947b0a8d1808c44&query=fr&search_type=ngram&language=en
<urlopen error [Errno 61] Connection refused>
[19:29:03.969] Movie and TV Show Search[Script Filter] {"items": [{"title": "Uh oh... something went wrong", "subtitle": "Please check your internet connection."}]}
[19:29:04.832] Movie and TV Show Search[Script Filter] Queuing argument 'friends'
[19:29:05.013] Movie and TV Show Search[Script Filter] Script with argv 'friends' finished
[19:29:05.020] STDERR: Movie and TV Show Search[Script Filter] https://api.themoviedb.org/3/search/tv?api_key=0ebad901a16d3bf7f947b0a8d1808c44&query=friends&search_type=ngram&language=en
[19:29:05.023] Movie and TV Show Search[Script Filter] {"items": [{"title": "Uh oh... something went wrong", "subtitle": "Please check your internet connection."}]}

Strange thing, I can't open themoviedb.org even with shadowsocks VPN. But it opens with Tor.

P.S. Don't have Python 3

Edited by sosaveme
2 hours ago, vitor said:

@DrDannySands @sosaveme Check the debugger. The developer needs that information to know what’s going on.

[07:40:35.020] Logging Started...

[07:40:49.247] Movie and TV Show Search[Script Filter] Queuing argument 'greyhound'

[07:40:49.559] Movie and TV Show Search[Script Filter] Script with argv 'greyhound' finished

[07:40:49.564] STDERR: Movie and TV Show Search[Script Filter] https://api.themoviedb.org/3/search/movie?api_key=0ebad901a16d3bf7f947b0a8d1808c44&query=greyhound&search_type=ngram&language=en

<urlopen error [SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed: unable to get local issuer certificate (_ssl.c:992)>

[07:40:49.566] Movie and TV Show Search[Script Filter] {"items": [{"title": "Uh oh... something went wrong", "subtitle": "Please check your internet connection."}]}

1 hour ago, sosaveme said:

That one seems to be a problem with your connection. Perhaps you have something on your network or machine blocking the connection. One example could be a company firewall blocking the request (in which case the solution would be to retry at another location).

24 minutes ago, DrDannySands said:

<urlopen error [SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed: unable to get local issuer certificate (_ssl.c:992)>

If you installed Python yourself (as opposed to using the Homebrew version), you have to install the certificates too.

• 2 months later...

Hi there.

Just installed the workflow and once movie is located, it's falling back to Google search instead of display results for the review sites.

Help appreciated. Thank you.

Debug final output before error:

File "/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/Library/Frameworks/Python3.framework/Versions/3.9/lib/python3.9/urllib/request.py", line 641, in http_error_default
    raise HTTPError(req.full_url, code, msg, hdrs, fp)
urllib.error.HTTPError: HTTP Error 401: Unauthorized

2 hours ago, tone said:

Hi @jl_al. I'm not seeing the same issue here. You could try checking the following:

- In the workflow configuration, make sure there's an API key entered in OMDB API Key

- There may be something on your network that's messing up communication to OMDB or TMDb. Try navigating to those sites in a browser to make sure you can reach them:

https://www.omdbapi.com

https://www.themoviedb.org

Ok. So this was really dumb... I hadn't seen that the API key OMDB sends you in an email requires you to click a link also in the email to activate it!

Here is your key: XXXXXXXX

Please append it to all of your API requests,

OMDb API: http://www.omdbapi.com/?i=tt3896198&apikey=XXXXXXX

Click the following URL to activate your key: http://www.omdbapi.com/apikey.aspx?VERIFYKEY=XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
If you did not make this request, please disregard this email.

It is now of course working! Thank you for your help in any case!

For a while I was using a URL based search on justwatch.  At some point this stopped working and just opened the site without any results and I'd have to type in my search into the search box and go from there.  I guess they switched to an API based model or something?

So yesterday I decided to fix it and I couldn't figure out a URL based way to do it.  After some research and trials, I installed this workflow.  I thought it was a little odd that I had to do through 3 steps to get to the justwatch listing.  I also thought it was weird that "justwatch" kept pulling up TMDB.  But then I noticed that this is a subsection of TMDB that shows all of the justwatch results embedded.  Neat.

Over the next half day I realized how good this workflow really is.  I don't have to type the entire title as it is interactively searching while I type in Alfred.  Wow.  I can watch a trailer directly without going to look for it on the justwatch page.   IMDB is there too for extra info.

This is going to speed up my entertainment searching.  I probably won't use the Alfred imdb keyword ever again.  This is a really good workflow!

Thanks for the work it took to create it.  I'm looking forward to using it and learning more about it.

Brian.

Hi! I'm new to Alfred and having an issue with the first workflow I downloaded. Wondering if it's because I don't have everything set up correctly. Specifically, for the workflow called "Movie and TV Show Search," when I try to search for a movie I get an error that says not connected to the internet. Can anyone help me with this? 

Welcome @mcflurry,

When asking about an existing Workflow, it’s best to use its own forum thread. While it may seem that starting a new thread could give your problem visibility, it fragments the discussion and makes it less likely the author and users of the workflow (the people who can help) will see it. I have moved your post to the correct thread.

More information is required to diagnose the issue. Please see the short post How to Report a Problem with a Workflow for details on what to provide.

Thanks! I think I'm having the same issue as DrDannySands above.

I ran the workflow by calling alfred. Do I need to have Python installed to run this workflow? 

The debugger shows the below:

[17:17:32.002] Movie and TV Show Search[Script Filter] Queuing argument 'r'
[17:17:33.116] Movie and TV Show Search[Script Filter] Queuing argument 'fa'
[17:17:33.371] Movie and TV Show Search[Script Filter] Script with argv 'fa' finished
[17:17:33.374] STDERR: Movie and TV Show Search[Script Filter] https://api.themoviedb.org/3/search/tv?api_key=0ebad901a16d3bf7f947b0a8d1808c44&query=fa&search_type=ngram&language=en
<urlopen error [SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed: unable to get local issuer certificate (_ssl.c:1123)>
[17:17:33.386] Movie and TV Show Search[Script Filter] {"items": [{"title": "Uh oh... something went wrong", "subtitle": "Please check your internet connection."}]}

Current software:

Mac os 14.2.1 (23C71)

Alfred 5

workflow version v2.18.0

• 1 month later...

Hi there

Has anyone run into the following error?

[00:25:06.591] Movie and TV Show Search[Script Filter] Queuing argument 'pulp'
[00:25:06.606] Movie and TV Show Search[Script Filter] Script with argv 'pulp' finished
[00:25:06.611] ERROR: Movie and TV Show Search[Script Filter] Code 1: xcrun: error: invalid active developer path (/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools), missing xcrun at: /Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/usr/bin/xcrun

This workflow worked until I updated (I think). I'm currently running v2.20.0

I'm on Ventura 13.6.2

Fantastic workflow btw.

With thanks.

18 hours ago, Stephen_C said:

Try installing, or re-installing, the Apple Command Line tools—see, for example, this post and subsequent comments in that thread.

Stephen

Worked like a charm. Thanks @Stephen_C!

Just for my understanding, this happened because of the change to "Use /usr/bin/python3" (in 2.20.0), and python3 requires command line tools, right?

Thanks again!

4 hours ago, vitor said:

Not exactly, as the workflow already used Python 3, only the path changed so everyone’s on the same version. That break sometimes happens after a macOS update.

@vitor Ah ok! Thank you for clarifying -- and the great support! It's amazing how quickly you guys responded.

Much appreciated.