Wolfram|Alpha workflow

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I converted David Ferguson's Wolfram|Alpha extension to a workflow (and made some tweaks along the way  )   It requires you have an AppID of your own (get one here). Note: Make sure you wait a few m

This is a fantastic workflow! Has the potential to replace a bunch of others e.g. currency conversion, weather etc.   Is it possible to wait a very short amount of time after the last keystroke befo

That's resolved it - must just be a timing issue.   Many thanks for that - great workflow! 

Hi, love this workflow and use it all the time!  However it's been failing on me in recent weeks/months so I thought I'd check the debug output, and it seems that it needs to be updated for Alfred 3?:

Starting debug for 'Wolfram|Alpha'

[2016-10-24 00:22:09][STDERR: input.scriptfilter] mkdir: /Users/****/Library/Caches/com.runningwithcrayons.Alfred-2/Workflow Data: No such file or directory
[2016-10-24 00:22:09][ERROR: input.scriptfilter] JSON error: JSON text did not start with array or object and option to allow fragments not set. in JSON:
Warning: file_put_contents(/Users/****/Library/Caches/com.runningwithcrayons.Alfred-2/Workflow Data/tylereich.wolframalpha/wolfram.xml): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /Users/****/Dropbox/Backups/Apps/Alfred/Alfred.alfredpreferences/workflows/user.workflow.7b25af96-5525-4bba-a36c-242fa6a68898/wolfram.php on line 52

Warning: file_put_contents(/Users/****/Library/Application Support/Alfred 2/Workflow Data/tylereich.wolframalpha//Users/****/Library/Caches/com.runningwithcrayons.Alfred-2/Workflow Data/tylereich.wolframalpha/wolfram.xml): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /Users/****/Dropbox/Backups/Apps/Alfred/Alfred.alfredpreferences/workflows/user.workflow.7b25af96-5525-4bba-a36c-242fa6a68898/workflows.php on line 399
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<items><item uid="wolfram t" arg="t" valid="yes" autocomplete=""><title></title><subtitle>t  (character)</subtitle><icon>icon.png</icon></item></items>
[2016-10-24 00:22:15][STDERR: input.scriptfilter] mkdir: /Users/****/Library/Caches/com.runningwithcrayons.Alfred-2/Workflow Data: No such file or directory
[2016-10-24 00:22:15][ERROR: input.scriptfilter] JSON error: JSON text did not start with array or object and option to allow fragments not set. in JSON:
Warning: file_put_contents(/Users/****/Library/Caches/com.runningwithcrayons.Alfred-2/Workflow Data/tylereich.wolframalpha/wolfram.xml): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /Users/****/Dropbox/Backups/Apps/Alfred/Alfred.alfredpreferences/workflows/user.workflow.7b25af96-5525-4bba-a36c-242fa6a68898/wolfram.php on line 52

Warning: file_put_contents(/Users/****/Library/Application Support/Alfred 2/Workflow Data/tylereich.wolframalpha//Users/****/Library/Caches/com.runningwithcrayons.Alfred-2/Workflow Data/tylereich.wolframalpha/wolfram.xml): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /Users/****/Dropbox/Backups/Apps/Alfred/Alfred.alfredpreferences/workflows/user.workflow.7b25af96-5525-4bba-a36c-242fa6a68898/workflows.php on line 399
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<items><item uid="wolfram test" arg="test" valid="yes" autocomplete=""><title>1 | verb | put to the test, as for its quality, or give experimental use to
2 | verb | test or examine for the presence of disease or infection
3 | verb | examine someone's knowledge of something
4 | verb | show a certain characteristic when tested
5 | verb | achieve a certain score or rating on a test
6 | verb | determine the presence or properties of (a substance)
7 | verb | undergo a test
8 | noun | trying something to find out about it
(13 meanings)</title><subtitle>test  (English word)</subtitle><icon>icon.png</icon></item></items>

To clarify: I'm not seeing the results that are being returned here, it just falls back to Google search.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 5/12/2017 at 3:50 PM, David said:

Here's a version that works, i copied it and changed a few lines in the 'workflow.php' to make it work with Alfred 3:  https://github.com/notDavid/alfred-Wolfram-Alpha/raw/master/Wolfram-Alpha.alfredworkflow

This is great! Would you mind adding this to Packal?

Edit: I hope you don't mind, but I've taken your work and included it in my own repo, which tracks the source files from Tyler's first commit, and contacted Tyler to see if he will update it on Packal so that anybody using Packal updater will get this:

https://github.com/jsit/alfred-wolfram-alpha

Edited by Jay S
  • 1 year later...
  • 11 months later...
On 6/28/2017 at 8:54 PM, Jay S said:

https://github.com/jsit/alfred-wolfram-alpha

When I go to this page and download the workflow from the "dist"-folder I am able to get it running for Alfred 4. Thanks for fixing it Jay S