I Sheet You Not: Plug Excel into Alfred

Anyone else having any issues with this workflox?

Box.app suddenly threw up an error, which I fixed via Terminal – this after I had done a reboot.

And then, this workflow suddenly stopped working. 

Feels to me as if something was done by my updating to 13.3 Ventura last(?) week, that this morning's reboot triggered.

Debugging has the following error:

Code 126: /Users/b****g/Library/Caches/com.runningwithcrayons.Alfred/Workflow Scripts/380E648B-86A3-4C72-BC5D-4092F0FB1A03: line 2: ./isyn: Permission denied

@giovanni, any ideas on how to "give permission" again? Flicking "Full access" off and on under Settings/Privacy & Security doesn't work.

On 4/18/2023 at 2:26 PM, giovanni said:

@dood I think the problem with that user was the file name containing special characters. is that the case here? 

@giovanni I also tried naming the file "d", but I still faced the same issue as the GitHub user (ONLY input d variable to generated filename d-b'0.4'.alfredworkflow).

It seems like the GitHub user was able to fix the problem, but I'm not sure how to proceed. Do you have any tips?

On 4/20/2023 at 9:19 AM, Cassady said:

Anyone else having any issues with this workflox?

Box.app suddenly threw up an error, which I fixed via Terminal – this after I had done a reboot.

And then, this workflow suddenly stopped working. 

Feels to me as if something was done by my updating to 13.3 Ventura last(?) week, that this morning's reboot triggered.

Debugging has the following error:

Code 126: /Users/b****g/Library/Caches/com.runningwithcrayons.Alfred/Workflow Scripts/380E648B-86A3-4C72-BC5D-4092F0FB1A03: line 2: ./isyn: Permission denied

@giovanni, any ideas on how to "give permission" again? Flicking "Full access" off and on under Settings/Privacy & Security doesn't work.

Just to close this – as per suggestion of @giovanni – deleted everything (including /caches) related to the ISYN workflow, and reinstalled. All working again.

• 1 month later...
On 4/25/2023 at 12:44 PM, Cassady said:

Just to close this – as per suggestion of @giovanni – deleted everything (including /caches) related to the ISYN workflow, and reinstalled. All working again.

Is it possible to retrieve hyperlink from a column instead of column value? One workaround is to add additional column in excel to store hyperlink but direct functionality would be great. Is this workflow maintained by anyone now? @vitor @giovanni

3 minutes ago, giovanni said:

@TomBenz can you provide more details? By hyperlink you mean a web URL? You want to use a URL stored in a cell to go to that website? I am helping keep the workflow current, but not actively developing it. 

Yes, a column with content and excel hyperlink to Sharepoint or external url. I can retrieve url if stored in separate column but would like to see if there is a function that can be added to retrieve hyperlink url from column directly.

Current workaround: I use vba function to get url address and add to an additional column to retrieve but it creates additional work.

I Sheet is one of the best workflows. It will be great if it can be maintained.

Few suggestions / questions:

1. It will be good if table header name are picked up directly as it will help in building workflow easier. i.e set variable such as below from table header.

export VAR_coursename=2
export VAR_spid=4
export VAR_spvideo=5
export VAR_url=7

./isyn --sheet 'Courses' --row 2 --title 2 --subtitle 22 --value 7

2. Using the workflow, one can search by Title and see subtitle. But one can't search subtitle.  Is it possible to search sub-title also?

For now, I create another copy, make column 22 in example as title column and attach different keywords to invoke it.

59 minutes ago, TomBenz said:

Yes, a column with content and excel hyperlink to Sharepoint or external url. I can retrieve url if stored in separate column but would like to see if there is a function that can be added to retrieve hyperlink url from column directly.

I think I need an example. In the ISYN demo 'Earthquakes' there is a URL in column 7 that is passed as an argument to open a website. You want to show that URL as primary title? Or do you have a hyperlink generated with the HYPERLINK function in excel? (e.g. =HYPERLINK("http://myURL.com", "Some other text")? If you can send me an example based on the Earthquake demo I can take a look. 

51 minutes ago, giovanni said:

I think I need an example. In the ISYN demo 'Earthquakes' there is a URL in column 7 that is passed as an argument to open a website. You want to show that URL as primary title? Or do you have a hyperlink generated with the HYPERLINK function in excel? (e.g. =HYPERLINK("http://myURL.com", "Some other text")? If you can send me an example based on the Earthquake demo I can take a look. 

You want to show that URL as primary title?

No 

Or do you have a hyperlink generated with the HYPERLINK function in excel? (e.g. =HYPERLINK("http://myURL.com", "Some other text")? If you can send me an example based on the Earthquake demo I can take a look. 

- this function is used to generate hyperlink. Hyperlink already exists in my data.

image.png.bd8c4616deee9d1550bd518e31366573.png

Sample example:

1. Would like to retrieve hyperlink address in column "Location with Hyperlink" i.e url is not available directly in column but embedded as hyperlink 

2. VBA code to get Hyperlink address and add in addition column and then get the url works but it adds additional column in excel and make it cluttered.

Function GetHlinkAddr(rngHlinkCell As Range)    

GetHlinkAddr = rngHlinkCell.Hyperlinks(1).Address

End Function

would like to see if hyperlink can be retrieved directly i.e export var_url = hyperlink_address of 2 instead of 2 itself

• 2 months later...
On 6/13/2023 at 5:54 AM, TomBenz said:

How can I give source excel file in format such as (path to home folder as text) & "Download\SourceFile.xlsx" instead of hard coding it? This is to handle different username while pattern to store files is same. 

• 4 months later...

Hi @deanishe,

I've set up Alfred on a new computer and my I Sheet You Not workflows aren't working (I do have things synced).

I re-installed the demo starter workflow to see if that one would work, but it's not working either. In Alfred's debugger it's giving me this:

[11:30:44.393] Logging Started...
[11:30:53.850] I Sheet You Not[Script Filter] Queuing argument '(null)'
[11:30:53.873] I Sheet You Not[Script Filter] Script with argv '(null)' finished
[11:30:53.876] ERROR: I Sheet You Not[Script Filter] Code 127: /Users/emilybarwick/Library/Caches/com.runningwithcrayons.Alfred/Workflow Scripts/18114CB5-3556-40D7-8F82-DFE1F0E0F744: line 2: ./isyn: No such file or directory

A second time it returned similar, but with added note about "/usr/bin/python: bad interpreter:"

[12:21:33.002] Logging Started...
[12:21:49.075] I Sheet You Not[Script Filter] Queuing argument '(null)'
[12:21:49.145] I Sheet You Not[Script Filter] Script with argv '(null)' finished
[12:21:49.146] ERROR: I Sheet You Not[Script Filter] Code 126: /Users/emilybarwick/Library/Caches/com.runningwithcrayons.Alfred/Workflow Scripts/568DADCD-2A78-443F-BF34-86F421AAF03C: ./isyn: /usr/bin/python: bad interpreter: No such file or directory

When I try any of my existing workflows, it's similar:

[11:30:44.393] Logging Started...
[11:38:41.085] BADB Offline - POSTS[Script Filter] Queuing argument '(null)'
[11:38:41.111] BADB Offline - POSTS[Script Filter] Script with argv '(null)' finished
[11:38:41.128] ERROR: BADB Offline - POSTS[Script Filter] Code 126: /Users/emilybarwick/Library/Caches/com.runningwithcrayons.Alfred/Workflow Scripts/024F9AA1-8788-4093-910E-650BCB8FA828: ./isyn: /usr/bin/python: bad interpreter: No such file or directory

Please let me know if you need additional information. Thank you!

Edited by AuspiringMind
19 minutes ago, vitor said:

@AuspiringMind This version is unmaintained. Use the fork from @giovanni

https://github.com/giovannicoppola/i-sheet-you-not

Hi @vitor  thank you. That's is the version I'm using. I re-downloaded it fresh today from that github just to be sure. But the issues above are still what I’m hitting. It's been and is working fine on my old computer, but not this new one.

Where should I go to get help with this now? Thank you!

• 1 month later...

Hi again! Sorry to be having a similar issue again. I got back my "original" computer and am working on setting Alfred back up. I'm now hitting a similar error as I was on my "backup" computer, but this time, the solution steps aren't working.

I downloaded the newest version of I Sheet You Not from here. But even the new version is giving me an error, so replacing its files (except plist) into my custom workflows doesn't help.

This is the error I’m getting even in the new DEMO workflow:

[13:03:00.286] Logging Started...
[13:03:07.891] I Sheet You Not[Script Filter] Queuing argument '(null)'
[13:03:07.961] I Sheet You Not[Script Filter] Script with argv '(null)' finished
[13:03:07.962] ERROR: I Sheet You Not[Script Filter] Code 126: /Users/emilybarwick/Library/Caches/com.runningwithcrayons.Alfred/Workflow Scripts/F6D4BB6C-36E7-4A53-8212-2A9E9E754613: ./isyn: /usr/bin/python: bad interpreter: No such file or directory

Any insights are appreciated. And apologies if I'm again mussing the obvious

Update: I did a full re-sync of my synced preferences for Alfred from the computer where I Sheet You Not is working.

Then I changed the preferences location on the computer it's NOT working on to that new Dropbox folder.

However, I was still getting errors on the 2nd computer. I tried re-downloading the workflow and then it said it wasn't compatible because I'm on Alfred 4 (even though it's not said that before)

I then downloaded the "Version 4" of the workflow and that DID work on my "original" computer.

I then copied all files but the plist of the working Demo into one of my other workflows. That did fix the workflow on my "original" computer I was setting up.

HOWEVER, then when I went back to the "backup" computer, where all of my Alfred workflows have been working, they no longer were (both are sharing the preferences folder via DropBox.

So it seems like when I do this process of replacing the files (other than plist) on one computer, it messes up all the I Sheet You Nots on the other MacBook.

I'm not sure why I can't keep them working on both computers? For now I reverted back to a non-synced preferences folder on each.