1Password — Search and open 1Password items

On 11/24/2023 at 1:53 AM, YusufGandhi said:

But I'm wondering is there any way to copy and immediately to paste the OTP to the frontmost app

That’s not planned, at least for the moment. The workflow goes to great lengths to copy data safely (so it won’t show up in clipboard histories or even in the debugger) and to do the paste it would have to simulate the ⌘V. Seeing as 1Password’s CLI is often slow to retrieve information, if you changed apps it could paste in the wrong place. If the situation changes, the decision can be revisited.

I've installed the 1Password workflow from

https://alfred.app/workflows/alfredapp/1password/

And installed the 1P CLI with Homebrew from

https://developer.1password.com/docs/cli/get-started/#install

---------------------------------

I try to use the 1P as indicated in the 'usage' screenshot but I cant get it to do any of the features (open and fill, copy username, copy password etc).

I am able to search for and see the contents of my 1P with Alfred, but Alfred can't interact with any of them.

I've replicated the steps and they do the same thing.

Alfred version & build number: 5.1.4 [2195]
MacOS: 11.7.10

Screen Shot 2023-12-03 at 5.26.49 PM.png

Screen Shot 2023-12-03 at 5.41.23 PM.png

Edited by GatorMapi
grammar & details

Thanks in advance for your patience and understanding.

I've installed 1Password Command-line tool via https://1password.com/downloads/command-line/

I've installed the workflow from https://alfred.app/workflows/alfredapp/1password/

I've run into issues getting the workflow to work as expected. Is this due to my user of 1password 8.10.22-21.BETA

Here is the output from !1pdiagnostic

[13:28:34.548] 1Password[Keyword] Processing complete

[13:28:34.551] 1Password[Keyword] Passing output '' to Run Script

[13:28:34.805] STDERR: 1Password[Run Script] 5:48: syntax error: Can’t get application id "com.agilebits.onepassword7". (-1728)

[13:28:34.811] 1Password[Run Script] Processing complete

[13:28:34.812] 1Password[Run Script] Passing output '### Workflow version

### Alfred version

### macOS version

### Architecture

arm64

### Preferences

Dict {

}

### 1Password version

8.10.22-21.BETA

### op version

### Launchd job

Loaded: - 0 com.alfredapp.vitor.1password

Installed

' to Copy to Clipboard

[13:28:34.813] 1Password[Copy to Clipboard] Processing complete

[13:28:34.814] 1Password[Copy to Clipboard] Passing output '### Workflow version

### Alfred version

### macOS version

### Architecture

arm64

### Preferences

Dict {

}

### 1Password version

8.10.22-21.BETA

### op version

### Launchd job

Loaded: - 0 com.alfredapp.vitor.1password

Installed

' to Dialog Conditional

22 minutes ago, vitor said:

I meant your steps interacting with the items.

Vitor,

I am going to assume you are responding to my post.

Using Alfred, I enter 1p Amazon (as I have an entry in my 1Password vault for amazon.com)

When I press "return" I anticipate my default web browser to be opened and the URL for amazon.com and my user credentials be used as part of the authentication check.

I do not see any action being taken by Alfred or my default web browser or by 1Password.

I do notice this ERROR in the Workflow Debugger:

[14:34:42.592] 1Password[External] Processing complete

[14:34:42.598] 1Password[External] Passing output '' to Run Script

[14:34:42.684] ERROR: 1Password[Run Script] ./1password.js: execution error: Error: TypeError: undefined is not an object (evaluating 'sfObject["items"][0]["variables"]["action"]') (-2700)

[14:34:42.690] 1Password[Run Script] Processing complete

[14:34:42.690] 1Password[Run Script] Passing output '' to Run Script

Hi,

I am having an issue in which the keyboard shortcuts don't work when I search for a password.  For example, pressing enter on a search result does nothing except close the Alfred field.   Pressing ctrl and enter on an item goes to the 1Password browser search.  Any idea what is going on?

### Workflow version

### Alfred version

### macOS version

### Architecture
arm64

### Preferences
Dict {
}

### 1Password version
8.10.22-21.BETA

### op version

### Launchd job
Loaded: -    0    com.alfredapp.vitor.1password
Installed

4 minutes ago, scottfwalter said:

Hi,

I am having an issue in which the keyboard shortcuts don't work when I search for a password.  For example, pressing enter on a search result does nothing except close the Alfred field.   Pressing ctrl and enter on an item goes to the 1Password browser search.  Any idea what is going on?

### Workflow version

### Alfred version

### macOS version

### Architecture
arm64

### Preferences
Dict {
}

### 1Password version
8.10.22-21.BETA

### op version

### Launchd job
Installed

Looks like :1pextras → Force Update Items solved my issue!

On 4/23/2022 at 12:32 PM, vitor said:

If the workflow appears to hang when updating items, open a terminal and run op item list:

• If you get an error, something is wrong with 1Password’s command-line tool or its interaction with the app and it needs to be resolved with the 1Password support.
  • If you see your items, open the debugger and run :1pextras → Force Update Items. Include the debugger’s output in your report.

This fixed it for me. Thanks. `Force Update Items`

MacOS 14.1.2 (23B92)
Alfred 5.1.4 (2195)

1Password for Mac 8.10.22 (81022040)

I have installed 1Password CLIScreenshot2023-12-19at12_01_35.png.af35de65a24a6391346783374766d175.png

Installed the new 1Password workflow

I have enabled 1Password CLI integration

I have enabled Alfred 1password integration

I have verified that 1p cli works.

However Alfred insists that I have not logged in and no data appears.

And even though I have installed the workflow Alfred does not seem to recognise that it has been installed.

Screenshot2023-12-19at12_03_12.thumb.png.6ea7f98351b51fc8bb05186c6604dad9.png

Screenshot 2023-12-19 at 11.54.20.png

Edited by llanito
pasting of images is a mess

### Workflow version

### Alfred version

### macOS version

### Architecture
arm64

### Preferences

### 1Password version

### op version

### Launchd job
NOT loaded
NOT installed

Debug output

[14:44:11.548] 1Password[Script Filter] Queuing argument ' !1pdiagnostic '
[14:44:11.580] 1Password[Script Filter] Script with argv ' !1pdiagnostic ' finished
[14:44:11.593] 1Password[Script Filter] {
  "rerun": 0.1,
  "items": [{
    "variables": { "action": "update_items" },
    "title": "Sign in and update items",
    "arg": "update_items",
    "icon": { "path": "composite_icon.png" }
  }]

CLI output

I have authenticated and ...

% op vault list

Provides valid output

Edited by llanito
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi there, I've been successfully using @vitor's workflow (thanks!) for a while. I just saw that now the same workflow appears in the Feature tab as "1Password 8 Integration". Should I install it there and remove the workflow? Should I leave it as is?

Thanks for your advise  🙏🏼

Edited by Rad
3 hours ago, Rad said:

Should I install it there and remove the workflow? Should I leave it as is?

Try clicking it. You’ll be taken to the workflow’s Gallery page. In other words, it’s the same thing so leave it as is.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

I have an issue with the 1password integration in Alfred, in the sense that when copying a password, I have to do it twice for it to work.

That is, when I have not authenticated myself to the 1password app recently, what happens when I try to copy a password with the "1p" workflow, is that I get a prompt to authenticate with fingerprint, but the password is not copied. Only when I repeat the step, it works and the password is actually copied to the clipboard. But in the latter case, the authentication prompt is not showing since I have already done so.

So in other words, it looks like there is a bug causing the password not be be copied when you have to authenticate to 1password via the prompt. (The prompt itself accepts my fingerprint without any errors, and apparently it works, since I do not get the prompt next time.)

Anyone else experiencing this and/or has a solution? 

### Workflow version

### Alfred version

### macOS version

### Architecture
arm64

### Preferences
Dict {
}

### 1Password version

### op version

### Launchd job
Installed

56 minutes ago, ajlande said:

So in other words, it looks like there is a bug causing the password not be be copied when you have to authenticate to 1password via the prompt.

Unlikely, as everyone has to authenticate via the prompt and this hasn’t been an issue. What is likely is that the copy is being too slow so it seems like it wasn’t copied, and it happens by the time you have triggered it a second time. There isn’t anything to do in that case, though, as I cannot control the speed at which 1Password’s official tool retrieves the data.

Do this: Trigger a copy and wait for three to five seconds (we’re deliberately waiting way longer than it should take, to be sure). Then try pasting and see if the password is there. If it’s not, repeat it but with the debugger open and post the result.

19 hours ago, vitor said:

Unlikely, as everyone has to authenticate via the prompt and this hasn’t been an issue. What is likely is that the copy is being too slow so it seems like it wasn’t copied, and it happens by the time you have triggered it a second time. There isn’t anything to do in that case, though, as I cannot control the speed at which 1Password’s official tool retrieves the data.

Do this: Trigger a copy and wait for three to five seconds (we’re deliberately waiting way longer than it should take, to be sure). Then try pasting and see if the password is there. If it’s not, repeat it but with the debugger open and post the result.

It seems like you're right! I have probably been too fast in hitting Cmd+V in my password prompt. The last two times now I've waited a few seconds and it has been ok. Thanks!

On 10/28/2023 at 11:34 PM, godbout said:

back with the same issue reported as above, and that i reported a few weeks/months ago. Workflow stuck at updating items. will report if i find a solution. it's been pretty unstable for me so far.

so still broken for me every couple of weeks. stuck at updating items. stuck at sign in. fighting hours to get it working. usually takes a few days and it's fine for two to three weeks. useless saying but i miss the native 1Password 7. v8 has been horrendous and full of bugs. hope it works well for other users but it's time for me to give it up. been a good run. what a pity.

46 minutes ago, godbout said:

so still broken for me every couple of weeks. stuck at updating items. stuck at sign in. fighting hours to get it working. usually takes a few days and it's fine for two to three weeks. useless saying but i miss the native 1Password 7. v8 has been horrendous and full of bugs. hope it works well for other users but it's time for me to give it up. been a good run. what a pity.

@godbout This may be tricky to troubleshoot, as this is working smoothly across the board at the moment, so there'll be something specific happening on your Mac causing the issues you're seeing.

This may be obvious but please ensure you're up to date for both Alfred, the workflow, your preferred browser, 1PW8 and their browser plugin just in case there's a mismatch somewhere along the way.

Have you reported the issues you're seeing to the 1Password team?

The challenge here is that this workflow has thousands of users but no other reports of this issue. Because you’re a power user (a programmer, even), it both means you know what you’re doing and we can discard the simpler stuff, but it also increases the possibility that something seemingly totally unrelated and external is causing the issue.

It is very much worth noting that 1Password 7 continues to work as well as it ever did, even on Apple Silicon (does not require Rosetta), and as such the deprecated 1Password 7 bookmarks feature in Alfred’s preferences should too.