Amazon Suggest Workflow

Screen-Shot-2013-02-27-at-8.26.07-PM.png

Just as the name implies, this workflow allows you to get search suggestions from Amazon.com. Actioning an item will open a search on Amazon for the suggested query.

[Note: This workflow is no longer available, as the Amazon Suggest workflow is available in Alfred itself. Launch Alfred's preferences to the Workflows tab, click the [+] in the bottom left and choose Examples > Amazon Suggest to install the workflows.]

Looks great, as usual, David. Just wondering if there's a way to set it to search Amazon.ca instead?

It uses Alfred's default amazon web searcher, so if you have your locale in Alfred's General preferences set to Canada, then it will load Amazon Canada.

It's also worth noting that this and David's Google Suggest workflow will both be part of Alfred's default examples as they are, to me, essential workflows :)

It uses Alfred's default amazon web searcher, so if you have your locale in Alfred's General preferences set to Canada, then it will load Amazon Canada.

It's also worth noting that this and David's Google Suggest workflow will both be part of Alfred's default examples as they are, to me, essential workflows :)

Sweet, thanks!  :D

• 3 weeks later...

I live in Belgium, but there is no Amazon Belgium. Can I set it to Amazon Germany manually?

Hi,

access denied when trying to download this great stuff :/

could you give us another link please ?

Are you using HTTPS Everywhere? If so, disable it temporarily and try downloading again. Most of my workflows are stored on Droplr, which has determined that their CDN has issues with HTTPS Everywhere. If you are not using HTTPS Everywhere, let me know and I'll get another link posted.

Any chance you could support updating via the Alleyoop workflow?

Very much respect phyllisstein, he makes some great stuff but I'm going to wait a bit before I start including support for things like this. There are so many people creating updaters, repos, sites, etc. I'd prefer to hold off a bit longer.

Very much respect phyllisstein, he makes some great stuff but I'm going to wait a bit before I start including support for things like this. There are so many people creating updaters, repos, sites, etc. I'd prefer to hold off a bit longer.

Ah okay. Understandable! Cheers.

• 1 year later...

I really love the Amazon Suggest Workflow. The only issue I have with it is that I would like to specify which Amazon country I'd like to use, because I'm using different amazon sites in order to read reviews. How can I add amazon.co.uk and amazon.de to the current amazon.com ?

• 9 months later...

awesomesauce! I see all the questions about regional Amazon sites -- I have a slightly different snag. My Amazon account is now at smile.amazon.com (which as far as I can tell donates money to charity at zero cost to me), so when I run the workflow and go to the regular Amazon.com site, I get prompted to switch over to smile.amazon.com. Any way to fix this? A quick stab at replacing

$url = "http://completion.amazon.com/search/complete? ...

with 

$url = "http://completion.smile.amazon.com/search/complete? ...

did not do the trick, but I haven't pursued it further yet.

• 11 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Very helpful feature I must admit! I suffered so much from the lack of sources in college. I sometimes even had to pay to write essay since most of the books I needed were just not available. Improving this search process would help dramatically, but I just wanted to double check in which countries does it work properly. As far as I can see, there were issues with that alrea

• 6 months later...
On 3/18/2013 at 6:50 AM, jdfwarrior said:

This uses the built in Amazon Search in Alfred so whatever your location is set to in the prefs is what it attempts to use.

Where is the "built-in Amazon Search" configured in Preferences? My Amazon web search is set to use "smile.amazon.com", but the workflow does not pick this up. I need the workflow to use "smile.amazon.com" (which everyone should be using as it donates to charity for free) instead of "amazon.com."

Edited by shira
  • 4 years later...
  • 8 months later...

Hey @vitor, I can see you're the workflow creator. Where's this API documented?

Btw, I'm currently getting suggestions in multiple languages, including English, Spanish and my own language. Apart of that the suggestions I get with the workflow are different from the ones I get by searching the Amazon website of my country on the browser.  Is it possible to make the API filter results in a specific language?

3 hours ago, xilopaint said:

I can see you're the workflow creator. Where's this API documented?

The Workflows were modified from David’s PHP originals. Everything about the code (and some of the behaviour) changed, but I kept the API call. It’s clearly official, but all documentation I found is outdated or dead. Still, it works.