• 2 months later...
12 hours ago, dd426 said:

I think Safari is no longer a toy browser in V14 😂 , could this workflow continue to develop?

That ship has sailed, I'm afraid. Even if v14 turns out to be brilliant, it won't run on my MacBook, so there's no chance I'll start using Safari again any time soon.

6 hours ago, deanishe said:

That ship has sailed, I'm afraid. Even if v14 turns out to be brilliant, it won't run on my MacBook, so there's no chance I'll start using Safari again any time soon.

Could you please just do some maintenance work to make it usable on the future version 🙏 , I think a lot of people will switch to Safari after the release of Big Sur.

3 hours ago, dd426 said:

Could you please just do some maintenance work to make it usable on the future version 🙏 , I think a lot of people will switch to Safari after the release of Big Sur.

Are you saying it doesn't work on Safari 14?

1 hour ago, dd426 said:

I guess this is due to Safari's own changes

Almost certainly. I'm pretty sure Alfred and the workflow are both reading the same file.

Oh well, I guess the workflow's dead when Safari 14 is released, then.

@dd426 @deanishe Is this in Big Sur or on the current OS? It may simply mean that the file is stored somewhere else, in a different format or requires different permissions so we'll need to take a look before assuming it's dead :) 

If it's Big Sur specific, it's worth reporting in the relevant forum section so that we can take a look into it. Please give as much detail as possible as to which Big Sur beta you're on, as I suspect these will move quite fast at the beginning, and things may get naturally fixed as the beta matures.

Cheers,
Vero

• 8 months later...

Hi Deanishe

I found your workflow recently and it seems to be the only thing I can find (Alfred or not) that give me a view of all my open tabs from safari iphone. i use vivaldi on my Mac and was wondering if there's a way to open a bookmark/tab found using this workflow on Vivaldi. I also have Choosy and tried to add Alfred as a source app so that it would trigger the browser selection prompt whenever i click on a bookmark found from your workflow, but it doesn't work. Wondering if you could give any suggestions.

Also, I notice (for reasons i don't really understand) that there's something about Safari 13 which has basically caused you to dump this workflow. Is there anything else comparable to it? (need not be in alfred) Thanks!

1 hour ago, zendude said:

I notice (for reasons i don't really understand) that there's something about Safari 13 which has basically caused you to dump this workflow.

Safari 14 Is not supported on @deanishe’s computer, so he can’t diagnose whatever might the broken with the Workflow in the most recent release. Essentially, the Workflow is (out of necessity) deprecated until further notice.

4 hours ago, zendude said:

Hi Deanishe

I found your workflow recently and it seems to be the only thing I can find (Alfred or not) that give me a view of all my open tabs from safari iphone. i use vivaldi on my Mac and was wondering if there's a way to open a bookmark/tab found using this workflow on Vivaldi.

If you're open, try Chrome with Chrome Control.

https://github.com/bit2pixel/chrome-control/releases/tag/v1.0.0

6 hours ago, vitor said:

Safari 14 Is not supported on @deanishe’s compute

My Mac Pro died, and the new iMac has Catalina, so I do have 14 now.

7 hours ago, zendude said:

that there's something about Safari 13 which has basically caused you to dump this workflow

Apple removed the ability to use extensions, which made Safari useless to me. They've added support for some WebExtensions APIs, but it's still half-assed.

So I switched to Firefox and wrote Firefox Assistant to replace this workflow.

8 hours ago, zendude said:

I also have Choosy and tried to add Alfred as a source app so that it would trigger the browser selection prompt whenever i click on a bookmark found from your workflow, but it doesn't work

I forgot to answer the actual question…

The workflow doesn’t ask Alfred to open URLs, it performs all actions itself using built-in scripts, which is presumably why Choosy isn't working. You need to add a custom script to open URLs in Vivaldi (or whatever), and set that as the default URL action in the workflow’s settings.

Edited by deanishe
  • 10 months later...
On 1/28/2022 at 9:25 PM, realliyifei said:

thanks it’s added to developer tools now, but new issues:

image.thumb.png.a110566d7381164187d93109ccc39dc5.png

image.thumb.png.a53559fc55376fdc64652818c056fae9.png

I can't tell you anything from 1.5 error messages. Please provide the full error report from the workflow debugger and/or log files.

Bear in mind that this workflow is abandonware. If it's not compatible with your version of Safari, I'm not fixing it.

Edited by deanishe
  • 6 months later...
On 3/1/2021 at 4:54 AM, vitor said:

Safari 14 Is not supported on @deanishe’s computer, so he can’t diagnose whatever might the broken with the Workflow in the most recent release. Essentially, the Workflow is (out of necessity) deprecated until further notice.

@deanishe @vitor Is this workflow still maintained? I see last update in 2019. Also is @deanishe still active on these forums? I love his workflows.

In safari assistant workflow, I use bm keyword to search bookmarks and usually get the one that I am searching for. However I observe that it gives lot of other bookmarks that really doesn't have the search word. Has anybody else observed the same? Any explanation for this behaviour? Perhaps the word can be modified to search only url title, description etc.

3 minutes ago, vitor said:

@pankajsz The answer is on this very page (scroll up, there are multiple posts which make the whole) and on GitHub, linked from the top post.

Thanks @vitor I went thru the post. I will try Firefox assistant but then it is confusing to use so many browsers. which one do you use? Are they a good alternative to safari assistant that you can recommend or can this workflow be maintained/updated by another power user here? 

1 minute ago, pankajsz said:

Are they a good alternative to safari assistant that you can recommend or can this workflow be maintained/updated by another power user here? 

It depends entirely on what you need. The Workflow stopped being developed due to changes on Apple’s side which apparently made some of its actions no longer feasible. I never used this Workflow so I don’t know what those are. Looking at the top post, at least some of them are covered by Automation Tasks.